Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I have feeling throwing away a 2-0 lead at home against Leicester is going to be the one that kills us.we'd be right in the mix if it wasn't for that

We're only halfway through the season...come the end of the season, any number of results would have changed things, thats the nature of a 38 game season. Right now, 4th place is pretty much completely in our hands. If we get a decent 2+ppg and beat the teams around us, we'll get 4th. if we don't, we won't.

We slipped as low as 6th in January last year. Now, it was even tighter then, but still over the course of the season 5 points is a very manageable gap, especially considering the circumstances of the first half of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

T-K-O wrote: »
    You can't win anything with kids!

I hope they get 3rd and we get 4th

I hope we get 3rd and they get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hope we get 3rd and they get 4th.

I jsut hope we get 4th. I don't care who gets 3rd.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

We need to keep winning games now. 5pts off 4th, Sturridge, Lallana and potentially Origi all back in.. Its possible !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i want us to get 3rd :) its very open after top 2

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I want us to win the league and utd to lose the rest of their games.

This is a fun game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    I want us to win the league and utd to lose the rest of their games.

This is a fun game.

You win.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least we know where Borini went anyhow. Suarez got him tickets. Only for the transfer ban I'm sure he'd be snapped up while there.

B7F5F_NCMAACUEU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Both Liverpool and united guilty of poor transfers. Luke shaw for 30m and lovren for 20m are the pick of the bunch. Southampton now sitting above both teams that bought them, you couldnt make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rob316 wrote: »
    Both Liverpool and united guilty of poor transfers. Luke shaw for 30m and lovren for 20m are the pick of the bunch. Southampton now sitting above both teams that bought them, you couldnt make it up.

Ah you could really, your imagination isn't that limited is it? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

At least we know where Borini went anyhow. Suarez got him tickets. Only for the transfer ban I'm sure he'd be snapped up while there.

Lets just hope he doesn't come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

B7F5F_NCMAACUEU.jpg

Thought that photo would be all blurry. #movement

B7F5F_NCMAACUEU.jpg

Sunderland yesterday,Barcelona today.

#movement

mosstin wrote: »
    Thought that photo would be all blurry. #movement

Haha. I hadn't seen your post...you beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fabio 'The Flash' Borini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Southampton really are a great team. I'm really starting to think they won't just slip away as everyone expected.

I watched that game, they weren't that great - well defensively they were solid and Utd looked anaemic to be honest, when Soton attempted to get the ball forward they were fairly terrible passing was very sideways/backwards and several good chances to pounce on loose Utd balls were spurned by poor control. Still they got the goal and won so alls well that ends well - unless its Southampton who keep Liverpool out of Europe of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Luis' having his way tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So happy to see everything under second is up for grabs and sturridge is coming back.

Could be kinda our year.

Meh, he's just a shit Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's inspired by the presence of Borini.

• Advertisement

B7GUqT1CUAEhB4S.jpg

:(

B7GUqT1CUAEhB4S.jpg

Imagine those 2 in their prime.

All the titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

B7GUqT1CUAEhB4S.jpg

Just came on to post this myself. 3 of the best strikers the club has ever had at the game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »

Mario 'The Reverse Flash' Balotelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Vicxas wrote: »
    So happy to see everything under second is up for grabs and sturridge is coming back.

Could be kinda our year.

Assuming Sturridge stays fit for any decent period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »

First Aquaman, now this, how many more members of the Italian Justice League will we sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

• News just in Suso is gone to Milan
    • Assaidi to Arabic team for 5 million
    • Rumours Lambert to Crystal palace as some stage in the transfer window
    • Borini to anywhere but liverpool
    • Lucas to inter
    • Gerard gone to America in the summer
    • Johnson to somewhere in the summer
    • Toure contract not renewed in the summer
    Serious clear out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

First Aquaman, now this, how many more members of the Italian Justice League will we sign?

Bit of an oxymoron no ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

B7GUqT1CUAEhB4S.jpg

LFC fans to the board.

q29gktw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Couple of rags reporting we will bid 15m for benteke.........and be told where to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Good win for Inter today.

https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/554272792833957888

Possibly posted elsewhere/already but this is genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just came on to post this myself. 3 of the best strikers the club has ever had at the game :(

Suarez, Torres yeah but the jury's still out on Borini

#movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Juventus in for Balotelli out there in the twitter world.

2015_01_12_times.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Juve need Balo about as much as we do (just for different reasons!).

edit - A ****ing loan? a ****ing Italian club? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I guess that assaidi fee would cover the pay off to lille for origi to come in, don't think he has started their last 2 games either.

Offload Balotelli, bring Origi back and hopefully shift some dead weight.

Good bit of business that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

https://twitter.com/hunter_troll/status/554416461557805056

:pac:

Also I really doubt Juve are moving for Balo OR that he'd be too pushed on a move there. Not exactly a fan favourite with the Ultras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If we get £14m for Balotelli and it is used to buy Benteke or Beharino I could just about live with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Balotelli going to Juve would be up there with Luis Figo and Mo Johnston in the history of contentious transfers; I just can't see him agreeing to it myself. These incidents were just the tip of the iceberg of the abuse he used to get:
    Juventus were on Monday fined for the second time this season for chants their fans directed against Inter Milan’s black striker Mario Balotelli.
    Some sections of Juve fans sang: ‘if you jump up and down Balotelli will die’ and ‘you’re nothing but a piece of ****’.

http://www.soccernews.com/juve-fined-again-for-anti-balotelli-chants/27792/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Vicxas wrote: »
    Imagine those 2 in their prime.

All the titles

Sturridge has been better than Torres

Scored more goals, MUCH better all round game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Sturridge has been better than Torres

Scored more goals, MUCH better all round game

I don't care what the stats say. Torres at Liverpool > Sturridge (so far).

Torres was arguably the best striker in the world for a time at us - he was totally & utterly unplayable. Sturridge has been brilliant for us, but not the same level.

Torres played in a much better balanced team-Sturridge in a team set up only to score goals.

The real test for Sturridge imo is when he comes back into the team & gets a sustained run without Suarez beside him causing havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Buying players at Liverpool is like buying a new car. The moment you do, they lose half their value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I don't care what the stats say. Torres at Liverpool > Sturridge (so far).

Torres was arguably the best striker in the world for a time at us - he was totally & utterly unplayable. Sturridge has been brilliant for us, but not the same level.

Torres played in a much better balanced team-Sturridge in a team set up only to score goals.

The real test for Sturridge imo is when he comes back into the team & gets a sustained run without Suarez beside him causing havoc.

Torres was all about goals, as a goal scorer Sturridge has a better record. Torres may have scored more belters, put that doesn't count for much. Sturridge has already shown that he doesn't need Suarez to perform.

Augeo wrote: »

Anyway, a look at the bookmakers reaction to Top 4 betting...... courtesy of Boylesports this time but they are all much of a muchness...

Man United 1/7.......... 37 points
    Arsenal 8/15.............. 33 points
    Southampton 10/3 ......... 36 points
    Tottenham 7/2 ......... 34 points
    Liverpool 15/2 ......... 29 points
    West Ham 25/1 ......... 32 points

Arsenal are 4 points ahead of Liverpool and 8/15 favs (excluding Man Utd who I think are home and hosed for Top 4 as indicated by their 1/7 odds, still not impossible that they will falter) while Liverpool are now out to 15/2 from 11/2 before today's games.

After a series of games the following are the top 4 odds now along with the points acquired to date.......

Southampton 7/4 ......... 39 points
    Man United 4/11.......... 37 points
    Arsenal 4/9.............. 36 points
    Tottenham 6/1 ......... 34 points
    West Ham 25/1 ......... 33 points
    Liverpool 11/2 ......... 32 points

If (BIG IF) Liverpool were to maintain their last 9 PL game average of 2 points per game to the end of the season (not completely out of the question imo :) ) Liverpool would finish on 66 points.

If Man Utd were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 67 points

If Southampton were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 71 points

If Arsenal were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 65 points

If Tottenham were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 62 points

If Southampton were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 60 points

If Liverpool were to maintain their season to date ppg average to the end of the season they'd finish on 58 points

That's why the bookies have us as a 1 in 7 chance of being in the Top 4.

I'm hopeful :D

rossc007 wrote: »
    Sturridge has already shown that he doesn't need Suarez to perform.

He has done well without alright. But I'm not sure on the sample size & whether or not its really statistically enough to be relevant.

Regardless, his big test is now imo.

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm hopeful :D

Who saw that coming?! :D

rossc007 wrote: »
    Torres was all about goals, as a goal scorer Sturridge has a better record. Torres may have scored more belters, put that doesn't count for much. Sturridge has already shown that he doesn't need Suarez to perform.

He hasn't but I think he will. It would be wonderful to have him back against Villa next weekend, who don't score many goals but have a pretty tight defence too (only conceded 4 more than Chelsea). He scored a cracker there last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Buying players at Liverpool is like buying a new car. The moment you do, they lose half their value.
    Plus we buy Fiats in a world of Ferraris, somehow hoping that they'll come good :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

rob316 wrote: »

I’m sick of sports buffs saying “You couldn’t make it up”. If people can write scripts about dystopian futures in which life is in fact a simulation made by sentient machines in order to harness human’s heat & electricity as an energy source, they can probably write scripts about a football club thriving after selling some over-rated players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement