Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Gbear wrote: »
    It's important to realise that we need very different things from a striker.

So just cause he isn't worth 13m to us doesn't mean he isn't to another team? I fully agree with that. He's not a bad player (and neither is Mario) but their worth to us isn't what it would be to others.

The mindset that every player should be able to slot into any team just because they are a good player is completely archaic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

He's a bit like Kuyt, who had the biggest impact at Liverpool by doing the dirty work up front, creating an outlet, scoring in huge games and stifling the opposition.

The two key differences being, Kuyt was much more talented and he also had a brain.

Borini, Ballotelli and Aquilani. Probably 75m investment there.

Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

B7VM8HiCMAEpFIN.jpg:medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »

Quality

Don't forget Dossena and Daniele Padelli (the single worst goalkeeping performance I think i've ever seen).

We do not do well with italians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

MR NINE wrote: »
    Hes really not as bad as people like to claim he is. He went on loan to sunderland last season and there were people telling us how **** he is coz he couldnt get a game for them. He subsequently won his place in the team, scored a decent amount of crucial goals, played a huge part in keeping them up, helped them to a cup final where he scored a great solo goal and left the club as a big fan favourite after just one season. He made such an impression that sunderland were willing to spend 14m on him, as were qpr, which would have been a major fee for either of those clubs to pay. I remember paully d giving him a glowing appraisal in which he made it clear he was upset to see him leave.

But no, ignore all that, claim he aint worth 6m 2010 money whatever the **** that means even though he quite clearly is worth more than that. Just coz you dont rate him doesnt mean he isnt valuable.

He did great at sunderland but is one of the worst forward signings Liverpool have made in a long long time. Terrible control, decision making and overall eye for goal. This " he works his socks off for ya" is useless when hes so lacking in the required attributes to make it at a club like Liverpool.started aginst west ham, sunderland and another few games and thought he was very poor.

Hes one of the those players like lambert that needs to be playing every week to get any return from him and he simply wont get that here. Fully within his rights to give it a shot and reject sunderland but i really wish hed move on now this window as i think hes way off what is required for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

viper006 wrote: »
    He did great at sunderland but is one of the worst forward signings Liverpool have made in a long long time. Terrible control, decision making and overall eye for goal. This " he works his socks off for ya" is useless when hes so lacking in the required attributes to make it at a club like Liverpool.started aginst west ham, sunderland and another few games and thought he was very poor.

Hes one of the those players like lambert that needs to be playing every week to get any return from him and he simply wont get that here. Fully within his rights to give it a shot and reject sunderland but i really wish hed move on now this window as i think hes way off what is required for top 4

Andy Carrol... someone get the gif out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would take 13 cents for Borini never mind 13m, get what we can and give the cash to Rodgers......

......or maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Use to be a Bewley drinker myself. the green ones, they are nice and bitter.

But I found the Supervalu own brand and they are even bitterer.

'Sugar Bob?'
    'Would ya ever fcuk off!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Use to be a Bewley drinker myself. the green ones, they are nice and bitter.

But I found the Supervalu own brand and they are even bitterer.

'Sugar Bob?'
    'Would ya ever fcuk off!'

Note to self; Don't ever invite Owayn over for tea. Just drugs. Definitely just drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Andy Carrol... someone get the gif out.

Why always Andy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Note to self; Don't ever invite Owayn over for tea. Just drugs. Definitely just drugs.

I like digestives though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I like digestives though.

Are they like Mitsubishi's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

This forum is gone to the dogs altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Quality

The BABs 75, legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I would say ... "puts on sunglasses" ...

its gone to pot...

runs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The two key differences being, Kuyt was much more talented and he also had a brain.

That's why one belongs at Sunderland and one belonged to a team challenging for the league and the CL.

Still, horses for courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Aspas scored for Seville tonight. Time to recall the little genius .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

BMJD wrote: »
    Aspas scored for Seville tonight. Time to recall the little genius .

Really good header too, top scorer in the cup with 7 goals already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

klose wrote: »
    Rtop scorer in the cup with 7 goals already

That's a new stat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »

He'll bring the disco biscuits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We should all meet up and take a hape of yoooooooookes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I think my house is gonna blow away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MR NINE wrote: »
    Hes really not as bad as people like to claim he is. He went on loan to sunderland last season and there were people telling us how **** he is coz he couldnt get a game for them. He subsequently won his place in the team, scored a decent amount of crucial goals, played a huge part in keeping them up, helped them to a cup final where he scored a great solo goal and left the club as a big fan favourite after just one season. He made such an impression that sunderland were willing to spend 14m on him, as were qpr, which would have been a major fee for either of those clubs to pay. I remember paully d giving him a glowing appraisal in which he made it clear he was upset to see him leave.

But no, ignore all that, claim he aint worth 6m 2010 money whatever the **** that means even though he quite clearly is worth more than that. Just coz you dont rate him doesnt mean he isnt valuable.

Fabio Borini: 58 Prem games; 8 goals

He's simply not very good. I know some people are heavily invested in him on here but his career will fade into obscurity when he leaves us, that's the reality. He knows it too, hence his reluctance to leave.

Kuyt was multiples the player Borini will ever be. Even the 34 year old ran into the ground version of Kuyt is far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jose Fonte looked good enough for Liverpool tonight - his hair is just dreamy :D.

Liverpool after Aussie stopper Mathew Ryan from Club Brugge sez Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He's simply not very good. I know some people are heavily invested in him on here but his career will fade into obscurity when he leaves us, that's the reality. He knows it too, hence his reluctance to leave.

I agree, hes a mediocre player, and he will likely spend the majority of his career playing for a mid table club in a major league. However, mediocre players are being sold for a lotta money these days, and the idea of borini being sold for 13m is nowhere as implausible as some seem to believe. It very nearly happened five months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

jeez Lazar is an odd fish. Interview on LFC TV . Hes like an old drag queen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

To be fair to him if you exclude 50 of those games not many if no one would match his record.

As for Kuyt, I love that man. Absolute workhorse. I'm surprisrd he wasn't ran in to the ground by 20 nevermind 34.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I think my house is gonna blow away.

Trips???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Trips???

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

jeez Lazar is an odd fish. Interview on LFC TV . Hes like an old drag queen.
    :confused: How is he odd?
    Seen the interview seemed normal to me despite the lazy questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone know much about this Aussie goalkeeper (Mathew Ryan) from Club Brugge

http://gu.com/p/44q96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

TBF, he's scored goals against Granada, who are bottom of La Liga and truly dreadful and Sabadell, who are in the Second Division.

In La Liga, he's done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

A while ago some poster was trying to make out that Borini was a fully fledged Italian international and that he could walk into any team in Serie A. Walter Mitty himself couldn't spin a yarn like that.

Oh and on the subject of yokes, its always good to have a few Gary's in the gaff just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wasn't talking bout cups of tea ya mad bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's important to realise that we need very different things from a striker.

We seem to be trying to play with 1 versatile striker and a bucketful of supporting midfielders. That places huge demands on that 1 player. They basically need to be a fit Daniel Sturridge or the whole thing breaks down.

Borini is himself a support player.

He's a bit like Kuyt, who had the biggest impact at Liverpool by doing the dirty work up front, creating an outlet, scoring in huge games and stifling the opposition.

Nice one, agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ its a slow day, here's some gossip at least:
    Talksport reckon that Liverpool have joined the race for Barcelona midfielder Alex Song
    by Football365 9:06 AM

Vicxas wrote: »

How long is the race?

I think we should send Henderson. The lad would run all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Great, let's negotiate the permanent fee right now while they love him...

He can't have three registrations in a single season right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

How long is the race?

I think we should send Henderson. The lad would run all day

*Insert knee joke here*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

*Shrug*

I guess that Talksport are just as bored as we are and made a spinning wheel with player names on the inside and teams on the outside.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That particular gossip is for a summer transfer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

*Shrug*

I guess that Talksport are just as bored as we are and made a spinning wheel with player names on the inside and teams on the outside.

Reminds me of the South Park episode when they explain how Family Guy is written using manatees in a tank with 'idea balls' containing written phrases.

All you need are 3 types:

1. Team names
    2. Buy / Sell / Loan
    3. Player name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Song would be a good and realistic player who we know suits the PL perfectly. Why we didn't jump on him when he was available this Summer was just bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Roma president comfirms our interest in Pjanic. Be a great signing and hopefully one we can do in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Song would be a good and realistic player who we know suits the PL perfectly. Why we didn't jump on him when he was available this Summer was just bonkers.
    So we could see how he gets on this season with WHU durrrrr :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Would people not take Song? Happily have him over Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

NoelJ wrote: »
    Would people not take Song? Happily have him over Lucas.

I dunno, I don't think he is enough of an improvement. I think I'd rather let Lucas hold on for now while Can settles in more.

I think Song has a bit of an attitute problem, but maybe that's just his persona..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement