Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

brevity wrote: »
    Should come in more often then. There's tea. And drugs.

giphy.gif

****ing love you man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

CttqvE6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MR NINE wrote: »
    I understand peoples frustration at our lack of striking options, but I just cant understand why all the blame and anger is directed at Borini, the player whos played the least of our three dud strikers. As has been pointed out countless times, he offers us more than the other two when playing in a lone striker role in the current formation. Why would you want to freeze him out of the squad now? So we can go back to having Rickie Lambert spectating games from the best seat in the house? Or is it because Borini doesnt score enough goals, so we should start Balotelli instead? (When was the last time he scored a pl goal? Its probably close to 100 shots without a goal at this stage, thats a LOT of wasted possession).

Also, borini doesnt help us win games? Last weekend, 1-0 win, goal scored by Markovic, assisted by Borini.

I think it could be something to do with him not leaving in the summer for a club which suited him in terms of playing style and his level. Instead of moving and plying football on a weekly basis he has sat around Liverpool buying frilly knickers for his sister and keeping his Liverpool based model happy. Instead of Liverpool having greater buying power in the summer we ended up with Balo. Instead of awesomeness we have getting sent-off and running all the way home to his model girl-friend in a fit.
    You could direct your anger at Balo for being a scared child in a mans body or Lambert for being an oul lad in an oul lads body, but what is the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

But theres never been any indication that borini leaving would have resulted in more money spent on a striker, and even if there had been theres no reason to be convinced it would have been a good one.

With a couple weeks remaining in the window it looked like borini was leaving and remy was coming in. Then both deals fell through, though I dont think they were related. Then we bought balotelli. The fact we signed lambert and balotelli to replace suarez just isnt borinis fault no matter what way you spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

tbf to Borini if Harry Rednapp tried to sign me I'd probably tell him I was happy on the couch as well.

If an Italian club or the likes of Swansea came in for him he'd be off like a shot I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

13 games coming up in the next 37 days (assuming we beat Bolton at the first attempt). That's quite the taxing schedule coming up.

garra wrote: »
    I think it could be something to do with him not leaving in the summer for a club which suited him in terms of playing style and his level. Instead of moving and plying football on a weekly basis he has sat around Liverpool buying frilly knickers for his sister and keeping his Liverpool based model happy. Instead of Liverpool having greater buying power in the summer we ended up with Balo. Instead of awesomeness we have getting sent-off and running all the way home to his model girl-friend in a fit.
    You could direct your anger at Balo for being a scared child in a mans body or Lambert for being an oul lad in an oul lads body, but what is the point?

I'm not sure what his personal life (even though buying underwear for his sister is weird) has to do with the whole argument.

Now I'm probably being naïve here, but why shouldn't he stay and try and fight for his place. Is it not an admirable trait to want to stay? Show a bit of fight? The "why doesn't he just **** off" attitude is lousy IMO.

The red card was beyond stupid agreed, but I think the manager should have realised that he was going to be all heart and no brains. Perhaps a word from a senior player to say "take it easy, just do the simple things, get into space" etc.

I'm fed up on younger players, who get no gametime, end up being the lamb to the slaughter becuase of the clubs incompetence. It happens here all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Augmerson wrote: »
    giphy.gif

****ing love you man

coll-ina_1655159c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    13 games coming up in the next 37 days (assuming we beat Bolton at the first attempt). That's quite the taxing schedule coming up.

I fucking hate tax. :mad:

More than a game every three days. Big change from last year's game a week.

MR NINE wrote: »
    But theres never been any indication that borini leaving would have resulted in more money spent on a striker, and even if there had been theres no reason to be convinced it would have been a good one.

With a couple weeks remaining in the window it looked like borini was leaving and remy was coming in. Then both deals fell through, though I dont think they were related. Then we bought balotelli. The fact we signed lambert and balotelli to replace suarez just isnt borinis fault no matter what way you spin it.

Spin doesn't come into it, Borini has set back his own career through his stubborn insistence on playing for a top 4 club, and at the very least the club would have 14mil more in the bank now for striker purchase (whether it was added to the 16m Balo money and used to buy a different striker we will never know for sure)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

It can be about Pandas and football

panda_playing_football_SC-021019.jpg
    Better at corners than Aspas surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    giphy.gif

****ing love you man

He should've stuck with the refereeing.

Edit: And I should've hit refresh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Spin doesn't come into it, Borini has set back his own career through his stubborn insistence on playing for a top 4 club, and at the very least the club would have 14mil more in the bank now for striker purchase (whether it was added to the 16m Balo money and used to buy a different striker we will never know for sure)

We should be able to get rid of him in the summer fairly easily then.

I'm not sure what his personal life (even though buying underwear for his sister is weird) has to do with the whole argument.

Now I'm probably being naïve here, but why shouldn't he stay and try and fight for his place. Is it not an admirable trait to want to stay? Show a bit of fight? The "why doesn't he just **** off" attitude is lousy IMO.

The red card was beyond stupid agreed, but I think the manager should have realised that he was going to be all heart and no brains. Perhaps a word from a senior player to say "take it easy, just do the simple things, get into space" etc.

I'm fed up on younger players, who get no gametime, end up being the lamb to the slaughter becuase of the clubs incompetence. It happens here all the time.

If you had a heart to heart with your boss and he made it clear that another company could avail of your services and you would be a better fit at that company, would you stay on in your current job and hope to change his mind or just get on with your career elsewhere?

The idea of fighting for the shirt is a lovely one and if he was from Liverpool it would be a solid point, but when your manager tells you its time to go, there is no coming back from that. And it has to be that way imo. If you were to start pandering to the whims of footballer's fancies the club would implode within a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If you had a heart to heart with your boss and he made it clear that another company could avail of your services and you would be a better fit at that company, would you stay on in your current job and hope to change his mind or just get on with your career elsewhere?

The idea of fighting for the shirt is a lovely one and if he was from Liverpool it would be a solid point, but when your manager tells you its time to go, there is no coming back from that. And it has to be that way imo. If you were to start pandering to the whims of footballer's fancies the club would implode within a season.

Tbh i'd say to the manager that it was he who brought me into the club in the first place, never gave me a proper chance, sent me to play with the reserves where i played damn well and scored, then sent me on loan where i kept Sunderland in the league, then i came back only to find he's signed Rickie fcuking Lambert who was given way too much game time, Mario bastarding Balotelli who got even more game time.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tbh i'd say to the manager that it was he who brought me into the club in the first place, never gave me a proper chance, sent me to play with the reserves where i played damn well and scored, then sent me on loan where i kept Sunderland in the league, then i came back only to find he's signed Rickie fcuking Lambert who was given way too much game time, Mario bastarding Balotelli who got even more game time.

Justice for the poor under-played mega-rich model-dating Italian footballer with film star looks and no bloody goals. Maybe you should start an online petition for the poor fella if you feel that strongly about his mis-management. He had a chance to resurrect a faltering career and turned his nose up at it. Get out of it

I dunno what I would do really. Depends on the pay and conditions :) I'm generally the type of person that likes to prove people wrong though.

The manager also didn't want Henderson which has subsequently been shown to be a mistake.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on Borini :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »

Is it not 9 games in the next 37 days?

13 in 37 seems fairly intense alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Wait, you're blaming Borini for the Incompetence of our Transfer Committee?

Wow!

You do know we Spent 120M in the Summer, right? Yeah we had Money!

And during that Time we Paid a Pittance to get Lambert, and then bought Balo, whom BR wasn't even Keen on, when the Transfer Window was already Drawing to a Close.

So what does that tell you? It tells you that BR and Co. never even prioritize buying a Striker/Replacing Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Some people really dislike Borini on here.
    Judging by some of the comments you'd think he deserved to be taken out and shot.

He's the best striker available (of the 3) for the system Rogers is currently playing.
    It's a shame we don't have anyone better, but he doesn't deserve half the stick people give him.

We've had some incredible strikers, not least last season. He's been very poor whenever he's had a look in and hadn't scored at all. I'd say he's fully deserving of our disdain. Doesn't mean that Balo or Lambert are better options but Borini does deserve the criticism he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I'm generally the type of person that likes to prove people wrong though.

Oh no your not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

rossc007 wrote: »
    Oh no your not

Oh no you're not.
    #grammar

rossc007 wrote: »
    Oh no your not

He's behind you!

Wow!

And during that Time we Paid a Pittance to get Lambert, and then bought Balo, whom BR wasn't even Keen on, when the Transfer Window was already Drawing to a Close.

So what does that tell you? It tells you that BR and Co. never even prioritize buying a Striker/Replacing Suarez.

For sure we spent poorly in the summer and I'm not singling out Borini for that, but the move to Sunderland was best for him and the club last summer.

The cluster-f*ck that is our Transfer Policy is too harrowing for me to even comment on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For sure we spent poorly in the summer and I'm not singling out Borini for that, but the move to Sunderland was best for him and the club last summer.

The cluster-f*ck that is our Transfer Policy is too harrowing for me to even comment on.

He didn't see it as that hence the reason he didn't move.

You cannot know what is best for him.

Best for him and the Club? In what way?

Heck, you might even say, that Borini staying is a Blessing in Disguise with Sturridge getting Injured.

At least, we have 3 Strikers. With 1 of them, that actually Fits the System that we Play.

I really don't get Fans like you though. You want Players like Borini who wants to Stay and Fight, Out of Liverpool. But at the same Time, demand Loyalty from Players like Suarez.

The Double Standards in here, just really Rubs me the Wrong Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Heck, you might even say, that Borini staying is a Blessing in Disguise with Sturridge getting Injured.

At least, we have 3 Strikers. With 1 of them, that actually Fits the System that we Play.

I really don't get Fans like you though. You want Players like Borini who wants to Stay and Fight, Out of Liverpool. But at the same Time, demand Loyalty from Players like Suarez.

Football, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Wow!

I think they did make an effort to replace Suarez with Sanchez, as close to ready made as was available.
    However it seems like there was no plan B when they didn't get Sanchez. Or just completely gave up in the idea I'd replacing Suarez with a similar type of player.

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Football, eh.

Best Fans in the World.

He would have been a regular starter at Sunderland and he needs that consistency of appearances to perform to a decent level as his game is based on athleticism - best move for his career.. tick

Best for the club - He does not score enough goals to be a Liverpool starter and for the reason stated above he is not going to be a useful "squad" player. The price touted was approx 14m, now you can say we would have blown that down the swanny with the Suarez money but all we know for sure is that it is strong money for a striker with a poor goal return.

Double standards - You can save your wrath for other fans who demanded loyalty from Suarez or Torres before him, I am not one of them. Any LFC fan with half a brain knew that Suarez was persuaded to stay one more season at the club for the benefit of him (rebuild reputation) and the club (dont have to spell this out). If Borini had any sense he would have gone.

Having said all that I hope he scores/contributes tomorrow :p. We are where we are.

He would have been a regular starter at Sunderland and he needs that consistency of appearances to perform to a decent level as his game is based on athleticism - best move for his career.. tick

Once again you do not know this.

If he is unhappy living in Sunderland that is not going to be good for him or his career.

Once again you do not know this.

If he is unhappy living in Sunderland that is not going to be good for him or his career.

Liverpool and Sunderland are similar cities, if he deemed it necessary to stay in Liverpool for the sake of his social life or love life then you could say he values those things more than his career. All of which is admirable in one sense but not the best long-term outlook for the footballer or the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Boirini choose to stay and fight for his place, had he done well and got a few goals he would be commended for turning down the move, at the end of the day it was his choice and he made it. I say fair play to him for believing in his own ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Borini signed a contract. Cant expect everyone player to move along when not wanted. He's as entitled as any player to stay where he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Leaked team for tomorrow according to Twitter.
    Don't know if it's right

Mignolet
    Can Skrtle Lovern
    Lucas Gerrard
    Markovic Henderson
    Countinho Borini
    Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Don't know if it's right

Mignolet
    Can Skrtle Lovern
    Lucas Gerrard
    Markovic Henderson
    Countinho Borini
    Sterling

Well at least there are multiple different teams being leaked now, which i guess is an improvement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Don't know if it's right

Mignolet
    Can Skrtle Lovern
    Lucas Gerrard
    Markovic Henderson
    Countinho Borini
    Sterling

NO SAKHO!!!!!!!
    tumblr_inline_mqbdil39PU1qz4rgp.gif

NukaCola wrote: »
    Borini signed a contract. Cant expect everyone player to move along when not wanted. He's as entitled as any player to stay where he is.

Thankfully so, no one is arguing otherwise. Just wish he had seen sense and moved during the summer and we had managed to replace him with a decent alternative.

mav79 wrote: »
    NO SAKHO!!!!!!!
    tumblr_inline_mqbdil39PU1qz4rgp.gif

I can only imagine this is a decoy team sheet, designed to inspire a sense of hope in Villa before we unleash the beast. Sakho is impressing me this season, looks awkward on the ball but manages to deliver crisp passes into the feet of midfielders and is a presence in the defence. Benteke v Sakho will certainly go longer than the 2 rounds survived by Skrtel in previous encounters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Really do need to find out the leak

Really do need to find out the leak

Blame Borini he seems to be the scapegoat for thats wrong this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If you had to spend a night with Gary or Phil Neville, which would you pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has there been two leaked teams?

Sakho is in Harry's in the match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Neither, they're a pair of Nevilles.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Neither, they're a pair of Nevilles.

No that's their dad Neville Neville.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

giphy.gif

tumblr_mab7v6Znkr1qakib0.gif

Tough choice, I suppose a threesome is out of the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tough choice, I suppose a threesome is out of the question?

They are brothers mate, dont want this to get weird.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement