Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

On a more serious note, why is Borini getting stick in here? Seriously. His second start of the season, he scores, Liverpool win.....and we have people moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

He looks awkward but he pretty much wins everything he goes for. Great at tackling and can play the ball a bit too.

That's just it though, he LOOKS awkward but he doesn't often misplace a pass or miss a tackle, he has the potential to reach the very top IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Signs we might be getting there, albeit Villa are atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kirby wrote: »
    On a more serious note, why is Borini getting stick in here? Seriously. His second start of the season, he scores, Liverpool win.....and we have people moaning.

And if you want him to leave for decent money it's a good thing to see him score in the middle of a transfer window surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Few times he could have played a pass through but didn't, don't think he successfully took on a defender despite him getting a few chances, am open to correction of course.
    Still happy for him obviously, was a well worked goal.

• Advertisement

Lamberts goal was excellent.

Borini's was a good finish too, karate kicked it in :D

3rd and 4th strikers both score. Can't really ask much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lambert and Borini scoring

*robbed from paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Swore I saw a turkey score in the Premier League today

Nope Falcao/Soldado drew blanks today...

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

14 from 18

Top of the form table

Only one of two teams with no loss in the last six

Fair play to Rodgers and the team.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Signs we might be getting there, albeit Villa are atrocious.

Were you in a coma the last 6/8 games ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I'm guessing it's because he doesn't have great hair. :pac:

spockety wrote: »
    14 from 18

Top of the form table

Only one of two teams with no loss in the last six

Fair play to Rodgers and the team.

Definitely an improvement.

Only for we threw away the Leicester game it'd look even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Augeo wrote: »
    Were you in a coma the last 6/8 games ?

Seriously? Look at the opposition. It is great we are putting a run together but let's be realistic. We have a good bit to go to get where we want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That assist from Hendo was nearly on par with a similar assist for Suarez few years ago in a cup game:confused: Class technique. Hitting good form again, given him the vice captaincy was a great decision by BR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fowler87 wrote: »
    That assist from Hendo was nearly on par with a similar assist for Suarez few years ago in a cup game:confused: Class technique. Hitting good form again, given him the vice captaincy was a great decision by BR

More often than not Henderson plays well when employed centrally. Mystifies me that he's the one asked to play on the right sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saints 1 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Young players on the pitch today who have a future

Ibe 19
    Markovic 20
    Moreno - 20
    Sterling 20
    Can - 21
    Coutinho 22
    Hendo 24
    Sakho 24

8 of the 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Fowler87 wrote: »

Playing him in his preferred position was a better decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm delighted for him and hope he kicks on from here. Whether that be us getting a transfer for him or him doing a job for us as a backup to Sturridge.

He took his goal very well but some of his finishing was a bit off and twice (one time in particular) his awareness wasn't good enough. Should have put Coutinho in and could have put Sterling in.

That said, I'm hoping that goal will lift a weight off him and he'll show a bit more. As I said before, the way he plays is perfect for us, pressing and movement, he just needs to up it a level to really perform for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Seriously? Look at the opposition. It is great we are putting a run together but let's be realistic. We have a good bit to go to get where we want to be.

If we can have the same consistency of results in the next 8 then we'll be sucking diesel. The opposition is very much tougher though. While the results have thankfully improved the performances still haven't been great by and large, but I'll take it given what we put up with until mid December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Playing him in his preferred position was a better decision!

Henderson's best position is in an AM role imo, behind a striker either central or wide. His pressing causes much more havoc in those areas. Our midfield still doesn't look good enough and we lost control of the game in the second half today

Some huge games in the next 2 months but other teams around us have tough games too.

All to play for

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Some huge games in the next 2 months but other teams around us have tough games too.

All to play for

The fact we have a chance to get fourth means we need one thing asap; Investment in a top class striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

we were poor against average teams earlier in the season as well.
    5starpool wrote: »
    If we can have the same consistency of results in the next 8 then we'll be sucking diesel. The opposition is very much tougher though. While the results have thankfully improved the performances still haven't been great by and large, but I'll take it given what we put up with until mid December.

The opposition is tougher but I think people haven't be taking into account the lack of European travel since our run of good form.
    We will be back in Europe soon enough and if Rodgers wants to be here next season, he will have to have a serious tilt at the Europa league this time.

Opposition is going to be tougher but someone, I think one of the rarnes1 accounts, put up how many games we have to play in the next 30 days and it wasn't pretty and throw in traveling to Turkey and elsewhere on the continent with that.

If we come close to getting fourth and win at least one cup. I think the season will have been a success but the team would need to get the ground running from the get-go next year and not talk of giving time then.

All to play for

We could end winning the league twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hendo is pulling Borini's strings

tumblr_nibzyyjrNP1tvninto1_1280.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

^^^The little skip is great. Love it :D

The fact we have a chance to get fourth means we need one thing asap; Investment in a top class striker.

Agreed but not a chance it'll happen.

Sturridge coming back will be seen as a "new signing"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Henderson's best position is in an AM role imo, behind a striker either central or wide. His pressing causes much more havoc in those areas. Our midfield still doesn't look good enough and we lost control of the game in the second half today

You're always going to have spells in the game where the opposition takes hold of things.

Just as having a DM in front of the defence shields your CBs, so too does having forwards who take better care of the ball shield your midfielders.

We were getting stretched too often with breaks forward that were never going to amount to anything.

I think that opening up of the game exposed our midfield for a while but we chilled out after 10 minutes, slowed things down again and were able to take control back.

Some of the passing out of the back today was phenomenal and I think Sakho and Can were a huge part of wresting the game back into our hands.

I love me some Sakho. We've an absolute gem there. We should be making him the backbone of our defence for the next decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I doubt we'll be spending big this January.

I doubt we'll be spending big this January.

I agree, it's what's gonna ultimately stop us from really having a chance of top 4 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wonder does Enrique playing quash transfer talk?

Sturridge will be our January signing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Young players on the pitch today who have a future

Ibe 19
    Markovic 20
    Moreno - 20
    Sterling 20
    Can - 21
    Coutinho 22
    Hendo 24
    Sakho 24

8 of the 14.

Sakho is only 24?? Hah unreal, absolute monster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Gbear wrote: »
    I think that was the most unambiguous example of why Borini isn't good enough for the club.

He's a trier and he did what he could but he's too slow of wit and too short on quality to be able to make an impact up front.

We need our forwards to get involved in play. It's not enough to put chances away and work off the ball. He just cannot do that.

If he managed the above I'd be delighted tbh. It would be a meaningful contribution.

Gerrard
    Nothing better then seeing the lads celebrate with the fans like this! Great win and big 3 points today for us! Well done Fabio and Rickie on your goals

10929212_919158308116179_1576708051750541487_n.png?oh=958ef802f076846c6c8f36cf3b8bf1d9&oe=5533D857&__gda__=1432525195_2be9cac8cb0c597eae3d424ddc9294f6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gbear wrote: »
    I love me some Sakho. We've an absolute gem there. We should be making him the backbone of our defence for the next decade.

But he looks awarked he can't be any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

The next thought now has to be how we get rid of Borini - the lad just seems completely delusional.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-borini-ive-no-regrets-8456648

I'm delighted for Borini, sometimes you just have to take motivation from the fact people are telling you you're not good enough. Fair play to him for sticking around. He's been treated like **** (not making squads when Sturridge and Balo weren't available and being brought on for the last minute just to waste time) but never complains and Amartya gives 100%.

Post match interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Gerrard

10929212_919158308116179_1576708051750541487_n.png?oh=958ef802f076846c6c8f36cf3b8bf1d9&oe=5533D857&__gda__=1432525195_2be9cac8cb0c597eae3d424ddc9294f6

Any videos of this yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did we show character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, irrespective of how ugly it's been momentum is now massively on our side. That's two solid results on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Any ideas when we are on MOTD tonight?

Any ideas when we are on MOTD tonight?

Second last :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Another great photo.

B7khSUaCQAA6f6y.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, irrespective of how ugly it's been momentum is now massively on our side. That's two solid results on the trot.

First half performance was the best we have played in some time. I thought we defended really well, midfield worked well and we put together some lovely moves in attack. With a better striker we would have been at least a couple more up at half time.

I can't believe some people are suggesting Borini deserves a pass on his performance just because he scored. He was absolutely awful. His first touch in promising positions was absymal. He had no pace to run on to, some great through balls. His lack of awareness is astonishing for a supposed top level striker. Once he is running with the ball unless the pass is super obvious it is like he has tunnel vision and can't see anything around him. Both Sterling and Coutinho were either in great positions or had made great runs and not once did Borini even become aware of the ball to play, never mind be able to execute it. He is so far below the level needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Give a ****. 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Major league trolling.
    B7ktpSZCIAA5RTq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

:mad: Will be a long wait then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Good, same amount of highlights with less bs analysis.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Major league trolling.
    B7ktpSZCIAA5RTq.jpg

Wins the internet today :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement