Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Love to see celebrations like that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great to see Lambert do what he was bought for, come on late and set up chances and score a strikers goal. Fair play

He has as many goals as Falcao I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

From twitter.."Liverpool have the best defensive record in the past month. Glen Johnson has been injured for all of these games"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

spockety wrote: »
    14 from 18

Top of the form table

Only one of two teams with no loss in the last six

Fair play to Rodgers and the team.

Should be 16/18 and 5 wins in a row. That damn Leicester game :(.
    But moving in right direction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good to see Arsenal sweating a bit

From twitter.."Liverpool have the best defensive record in the past month. Glen Johnson has been injured for all of these games"

and...Lucas has played DM / Gerrard hasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

zoidberg-dance.gif

arrested_development.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mig has 5 clean sheets in his last 7 games too. Hardly a coincidence that Lovren and Johnson left the team and emre and sakho came in with Lucas in front of them. Hope Rodgers keeps on with the same set up/team for the foreseeable future. I fear he will put Johnson back in when he's fit as he seems to be a favourite unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

God if Johnson gets better and walks back into the team I will lose it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lucas, Can and Sakho have been super for this run. Much needed solidity.

I hope Rodgers is taking note. And what I mean is, keep Gerrard away from DM, and Lovren and Johnson away from the starting 11 for the foreseeable future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

God if Johnson gets better and walks back into the team I will lose it

Speaking of Magic, when is he heading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Why I hope Rodgers succeeds, despite his obvious short-comings: "The most important thing for me is the identity and style of the team."

Some lovely ball played today, Markovic is showing good signs of learning his role in this set-up. Whenever we lost possession he turned and high-tailed it back to his defensive position almost as though he was programmed to do so. His passing and decision making is improving with every game and I'm starting to see why we spent big on him.
    Villa targetted Moreno's side in first half and had some joy, if anything he is more likely to get caught of position but he is young also and has great spirit and a lovely left foot.
    Sakho Can & Skrtel are forming a strong base and trusting each other, great to see.
    Lucas is re-born and loving every minute of it. Even Mignolet looked the part with the double-save effort AND claiming the ball at most set pieces.

The first goal involved the Rodgers Redeemed Rejects, Hendo and Borini combining well and shoving it down the doubters throats, cough cough splutter :o

Tougher opposition awaits and 2 games a week from now on, at least we have momentum and are maximising the output of the squad with the system we are using. Cant ask for more right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, irrespective of how ugly it's been momentum is now massively on our side. That's two solid results on the trot.

Harsh.

Apart from a 15/20 minute period from the hour mark on,we were well in control of that game and played some lovely stuff. Especially in the first half when the game really should have been put to bed.

You'll have spells in games where the other team will get on top of you. It's how you deal with it that's important. We dealt with it by scoring a goal,probably the best way to deal with it,and took control back.

I've been critical since the start of the season but credit where it's due,things have improved hugely since we lost the 3 in a row. Rodgers,who I still don't particularly like,but that's neither here nor there,deserves credit.We look a lot more solid,and a hell of a lot better attacking...so badly need a goalscorer though.

I'm rambling a bit,sorry. What I meant to say was I didn't think today was ugly at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

When is the first chelsea match in the league cup next week or the week after ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I like to think the homosexual overtones I've weaved into the thread has spured the team on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I like to think the homosexual overtones I've weaved into the thread has spured the team on.

I can't think of what else it could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This coming tuesday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

With lots of sex and coming...hope the missus doesn't read this thread anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can we talk about Migs save against Benteke today.

Colour me impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Just finished watching the full match, fair play to Rodgers and all the players out there today, the system is starting to work, and it's starting to be enjoyable watching the team again. What I noticed today was that everyone fit into the system. There was no-one static slowing the game down when attacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Harsh but fair :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BenEadir wrote: »
    I'm delighted for Borini, sometimes you just have to take motivation from the fact people are telling you you're not good enough. Fair play to him for sticking around. He's been treated like **** (not making squads when Sturridge and Balo weren't available and being brought on for the last minute just to waste time) but never complains and Amartya gives 100%.

Seriously, are some posters standards and expectations so low that Borini scoring a tap-in today (his first of the season) means that he's turned some sort of corner?

The rest of his performance today was awful. Poor touch, judgement and finishing.
    He's not of the standard required and the fact that he may get treated like sh1te ( poor guy) is probably because he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can we talk about Migs save against Benteke today.

Colour me impressed.

He still looks very shakey and I'm not sure he'll be given enough time to recover.

When he comes out for a cross, I just close my eyes and he probably does the same. His biggest fault would be his kicking, its absolutely desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, are some posters standards and expectations so low that Borini scoring a tap-in today (his first of the season) means that he's turned some sort of corner?

The rest of his performance today was awful. Poor touch, judgement and finishing.
    He's not of the standard required and the fact that he may get treated like sh1te ( poor guy) is probably because he is.

You must be some player if you consider that a tap in,,,, your right, he's not good enough for us but he done ok today, cut the guy some slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

He didn't play well overall, but he works hard, suits the system we're currently playing and scored the opening goal.
    Until there's a better option, he deserves to be in and around the first 11.

Gary over Phill. No question

Well Gary was always the better looking one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Phil looks like he'd really appreciate it tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Might throw a few more briquettes on the fire, thank God I have dream-boat "Phillip" to keep me company until they show the highlights. <swoon>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd say Gary would be the bitch and Phil the butch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

MOTD worth watching purely for the Lucas celebration for the second goal.

As mentioned earlier Lucas jumping into the crowd was great, himself and Henderson play well together.

MOTD worth watching purely for the Lucas celebration for the second goal.

He looked possessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I agree, it's what's gonna ultimately stop us from really having a chance of top 4 imo.

The way I see it is if we are to get top 4 this season then Sturridge will have to complete the season injury free and be on form too. If John Henry doesn't think Sturridge will remain injury free then he should get out the chequebook now when CL football is still attainable. We're at a crucial juncture right now and while Sturridge coming back is more than welcome we all know he's made of glass. Henry needs to back his investment further, even if it hurts a bit its better to do it now than missing the top 4 and be wondering what could have been if he splurged some cash at the problem back in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You must be some player if you consider that a tap in,,,, your right, he's not good enough for us but he done ok today, cut the guy some slack.
    He didn't play well overall, but he works hard, suits the system we're currently playing and scored the opening goal.
    Until there's a better option, he deserves to be in and around the first 11.

Fair enough if people think he's the best option of a bad lot but I don't agree with people saying that he hasn't had a chance or been treated badly etc.

He scored a simple enough goal today and there is no need for people to be posting that he's proved himself etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

This Tuesday, 20 January - away leg is the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Mignolet has the same amount of clean sheets as De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

One of the most misleading stats in football

• Advertisement

One of the most misleading stats in football

What are the most misleading stats in football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well......he just named one. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd probably still take Courtois ahead of Mignolet but 20 odd saps aren't fed their opinions from newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not s liverpool post , but had to laugh at falcao's miss .
    How the transfer commitee did'nt sign him !!

Goalkeepers.. Scunthorpe loose two Keepers in the first half today due to both having suspected broken arms.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scunthorpe-see-two-goalkeepers-break-4997828

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I liked how vocal Mignolet was today. Looks like he's really working on the items he's been criticised about. He's showed decent character

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Goalkeepers.. Scunthorpe loose two Keepers in the first half today due to both having suspected broken arms.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scunthorpe-see-two-goalkeepers-break-4997828

A new goalkeeper signing is just the shot in the arm they need now but they will really have to twist someone's arm to get a good fee now and not pay an arm and a leg for a goalie.
    They should employ some strong-arm tactics to ensure they get a good fee but they must make sure to stay on the level to ensure they won't be falling foul of the long arm of the law.
    I'm sure they would give their right arm for a goalie the calibre of Mignolet but they'd be smarter to keep the likes of De Gea at arms length.
    The fans will be all up in arms if the club fail to sign a goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So his goal today was a tap in?

ROFL :D

By all means argue your point but don't embarass yourself by calling his goal a tap in.

Augmerson wrote: »
    What are the most misleading stats in football?

3.5 ppg, net spend and calendar year league winners.

Kirby wrote: »
    Well......he just named one. :p

It's the rest I'm looking for. I need to learn from this expert. I think we all do.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A new goalkeeper signing is just the shot in the arm they need now but they will really have to twist someone's arm to get a good fee now and not pay an arm and a leg for a goalie.
    They should employ some strong-arm tactics to ensure they get a good fee but they must make sure to stay on the level to ensure they won't be falling foul of the long arm of the law.
    I'm sure they would give their right arm for a goalie the calibre of Mignolet but they'd be smarter to keep the likes of De Gea at arms length.
    The fans will be all up in arms if the club fail to sign a goalie.

You're very Humerus:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement