Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good to see Lucky Lloyd getting behind the team.

:confused:

I'm living in the real world. We have three cups to go win, huge game on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Theres still winning the Europa League.....

#hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Will we do up a match thread for Tuesday?
    We need to build up a head of steam to get through against the Mourihno master class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Augmerson wrote: »
    Well nobody is perfect so.....**** off like. You do the ****ing thing next time.

I agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want to wish my friend Zaf all the best for the future .
    It is sad to see you going but that's football.
    Good luck my friend .

I wonder if the bolded bit has another meaning. All the talk of Lucas leaving.

http://instagram.com/p/xy2sNagTMY/

Reluctantly agree. Can't remember but posted it here last night - think we needed circa 2.3 ppg to achieve a realistic points total for 4th. The idea that it'll be 67 at this stage is a bit laughable. The way United, Southampton and now Arsenal are banging through good form I'm not even sure if 70 will guarantee it.......

I didn't think 67 points would get 4th either, I thought 67 points was an achievable target. Folks in here were reckoning we wouldn't get 60 points not too long ago. To get those 67 points there's 5 draws allowed (for want of a better word), 2 wins there yields 71, it's a in in 6 chance of happening but by no means impossible. I hope we will get 4th, I wouldn't be overly confident of it though.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, decent few quid to be made if anyone feels strongly about our chances. The market doesn't see it.

The market didn't see Arsenal winning today either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lot of sexual tension in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Doctor Zaf has left LFC.....what would the other meaning be? Is it the "but thats football"? I wouldn't read much into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

To the people who don't think we'll make Top 4, do y'all think we have a chance of getting CL through winning the Europa League? Or that we need to forget about it completely.

Lot of sexual tension in this thread.

Shut up

Sexy bastard.

http://instagram.com/p/xy2sNagTMY/

Another meaning?

Reads to me like he's just sad to see a work colleague going.

"That's football" is just one of those sayings isn't it.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Another meaning?

Reads to me like he's just sad to see a work colleague going.

"That's football" is just one of those sayings isn't it.

Plenty of talk last week that Lucas himself was leaving.

Lot's of talk the he was waving goodbye at the end of game before last.

But that's football, footballers move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

brevity wrote: »

Er....shouldn't he have that already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Er....shouldn't he have that already?

Open to correction but the Pro license is needed to be a manager or Head coach, so it wouldn't be a pre requisite for a GK coach.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Open to correction but the Pro license is needed to be a manager or Head coach, so it wouldn't be a pre requisite for a GK coach.

Maybe it should be considering our keepers :pac:

NukaCola wrote: »

Ah right. I should have realised that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

5starpool wrote: »
    This is it really. It's not impossible, but we'd need to play a lot better than we have even on our recent decent run. We can do it, but it's not likely.

This. Even on our recent run, we could have thrown away a lot more points than we did. Yesterday Villa could have banged in a few against us. Leicester took two points off us with ease. Every team we play looks like they will score against us by just hoofing the ball into the box.
    Until our defensive set up gets better, we are never going to get near top 4. I just dont see it happening unless something changes

Plenty of talk last week that Lucas himself was leaving.

Lot's of talk the he was waving goodbye at the end of game before last.

But that's football, footballers move on.

Waving goodbye? Didn't hear that. It must be a
    long goodbye!

I'd been shocked if Lucas was let go by Rodgers.

Why? Because it would cost him his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just watching that clip of Sakho's moments from yesterday and he reminds me of (and I'm going to show my age here!) Paul McGrath. Looks awkward as fook on the ball and generally awkward, but manages to find the right pass nearly every time. The ball seems to stick to him in a one on one challenge also, a la the Black Pearl

He's the makings of a cult hero in the coming years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

flanzer wrote: »
    Just watching that clip of Sakho's moments from yesterday and he reminds me of (and I'm going to show my age here!) Paul McGrath. Looks awkward as fook on the ball and generally awkward, but manages to find the right pass nearly every time. The ball seems to stick to him in a one on one challenge also, a la the Black Pearl

Ye Gods! McGrath looked bad on the ball? Not the one I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

flanzer wrote: »

Yep he will have his own song soon enough. Big game player too, as his 2 goals for France to secure WC qualification showed. Delighted he has the chance to show his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

mosstin wrote: »
    Ye Gods! McGrath looked bad on the ball? Not the one I remember.

I said awkward.... His knock knees didn't make him look like the most athletic of players, but his reading of the game ahead of him more than made up for it

Waving goodbye? Didn't hear that. It must be a
    long goodbye!

I'd been shocked if Lucas was let go by Rodgers.

Why? Because it would cost him his job.

There was this tweet after that game as well.

Seems lots of cryptic messages coming from Lucas.

https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/553943512971235328

I agree if he goes and there is no replacement brought in and results go back the way they were before Lucas came back into the team it will cost Rodgers his job.

Maybe these cryptic messages from Lucas are him playing the last cards he has..Play me or I'm off.

Maybe we read too much into every utterance players and managers make.

The Times has us interested in Falcao..... Its gone behind the paywall so haven't read it just saw it on twitter.

Huge pinch of salt as I'm not sure which Times Journo is writing it.

There was this tweet after that game as well.

Seems lots of cryptic messages coming from Lucas.

https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/553943512971235328

I agree if he goes and there is no replacement brought in and results go back the way they were before Lucas came back into the team it will cost Rodgers his job.

Maybe these cryptic messages from Lucas are him playing the last cards he has..Play me or I'm off.

He could be thanking people on Twitter for all the well wishes and congrats on the win etc.

Remember English isn't his first language too.

Lucas it going nowhere this window

The Times has us interested in Falcao..... Its gone behind the paywall so haven't read it just saw it on twitter.

Hope not. He's shite.

250k a week and 40m price tag. Sounds like a FSG signing alright!

He needs to leave Utd for the sake of his career though. It's certainly won't be to us

Hope not. He's shite.

He needs to leave Utd for the sake of his career though. It's certainly won't be to us

Shite is harsh but he isn't worth anywhere near those wages or that fee.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Plus he's about 37 by now.

5starpool wrote: »
    Plus he's about 37 by now.

And shite. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

What's the story with Origi? Are we brining him in or what?

Have been reading bits (all stories are crap these days though) that Lambert will be sold if Origi comes in.

Shite is harsh but he isn't worth anywhere near those wages or that fee.

Contradicting yourself like that is just ridiculous.

No it's not.

What's the story with Origi? Are we brining him in or what?

Have been reading bits (all stories are crap these days though) that Lambert will be sold if Origi comes in.

Lambert is fine until the summer as a sub tbh.

No point getting rid of him and bringing a young unknown in who could take ages to settle

Not allowed to change my mind,no?

EDIT: Nevermind...you got me.

No it's not.

:D Nice one.

I was hoping Utd sign him at season's end but its not likely imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Times are obviously just making up the Falcao story. He played for Monaca & Man Utd this season so can't play for another team this season.

Mourinho has told the Chelsea fans to stop the Steve Gerrard chant. Said he deserves more respect.

They won't listen though,will they?

What Chelsea fans sing doesn't really matter :)
    Fair play to them multi tasking with the little plastic flags etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Paul Joyce saying Origi likely to stay in France until the Summer now and Liverpool are unlikely to sign anyone in January.

Paul Joyce saying Origi likely to stay in France until the Summer now and Liverpool are unlikely to sign anyone in January.

Whatever about not signing a forward.

Not signing a keeper after dropping Mignolet really doesn't make any sense.

If Jones hadn't got injured would he have stayed as number 1.

Really strange goings on with the keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho has told the Chelsea fans to stop the Steve Gerrard chant. Said he deserves more respect.

They won't listen though,will they?

Fans should be able to sing what they want, within reason tbh. But these are the same fans who booed during the minutes silence for the Hillsborough remembrance so I would expect worse than them singing about Gerrard.

It does show Mourinho's ego though that he thinks he exerts some kind of control over them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Express has LFC interested in Benzama as they raise money for someone or other I didn't click the link
    Lambert is fine until the summer as a sub tbh.

No point getting rid of him and bringing a young unknown in who could take ages to settle

That's why I'd bring him in now and not the summer, no reason why Lambert would be need to moved on.

Hmmmm.

Whatever about not signing a forward.

Not signing a keeper after dropping Mignolet really doesn't make any sense.

If Jones hadn't got injured would he have stayed as number 1.

Really strange goings on with the keepers.

Rodgers seems to be unsure what to do. At one stage we were dead set on a new keeper, now Mignolet is doing better and all is forgiven.

Personally myself I'm not sure either. This season has been a mixed bag all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

the kelt wrote: »
    I think 4th is very much open and a possibility for us.

I personally don't see the points total for 4th being huge this season because of how all the teams currently going for it are not pulling away.
    Do yourself a favor and put finishing in the top four out of your mind. The task of finishing fourth this season is by no means impossible, but the cup ties will prove to be a distraction.

The points totals for the teams in the top 10 after 22 games this season are not too different to those of the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons. 67-73 points will be required to finish fourth this season.

In 2011/12, Arsenal were fifth with 36 points, Tottenham were third on 46. They finished the season third and fourth, with 70 and 69 points respectively.

In 2012/13, Arsenal were sixth with 34 points, Tottenham were fourth with 40 points. Arsenal claimed fourth spot with 73 points, Tottenham finished fifth with 72 points.

Arsenal won more than 33 points in the last 16 games of both those seasons, so it would make them favourites to finish third this season. That leaves us competing with Man Utd, Tottenham and Southampton for fourth place.

We would be relying on those ahead of us to show similar form to last season for the final 16 games: Southampton (25 points), Man Utd (27 points), Tottenham (26 points). At the same time we have to produce championship winning form (33 points).

Fourth place may only require 67 points this season, but that's 32 points more than we currently have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The only striker I want is Lacazette.
    He would be class for us.
    Come on FSG, show the dollar!

Goalkeeper someone like Begovic, but knowing FSG because he would cost about 15m, we will go and spend about 2m on Al-habsi of someone :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Vicxas wrote: »
    Rodgers seems to be unsure what to do. At one stage we were dead set on a new keeper, now Mignolet is doing better and all is forgiven.

Personally myself I'm not sure either. This season has been a mixed bag all round.

Well, I'd imagine it mostly comes down to who's available. If we can't get the long term target right then it's a tough call.

We could opt for a decent option now with a view to getting rid of Mig and Jones over the summer, bringing a first choice guy then. I also wouldn't mind keeping Mig as the backup and signing a number 1 either now or in the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement