Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

brevity wrote: »
    Good point.

I think we might find thst Sturridge recovers a lot quicker if his position is under threat.

Need to spend 30 odd million to find another Sturridge ... or ... 8mill for a guy that seems like maybe he could just be another Sturridge ... wonder which one FSG will invest in.

Would be foolish to not go for another striker, for all the other options we bought in the summer having no Striker can be the sole reason for not making a proper run at 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Need to spend 30 odd million to find another Sturridge ... or ... 8mill for a guy that seems like maybe he could just be another Sturridge ... wonder which one FSG will invest in.

Be it Janaury or the Summer if we sell Balotelli & Borini and add that 8 million to their sale price we probably buy Lacazette.

So starting next season you could have Lacazette and Sturridge fight for a starting place or playing together with Origi as 3rd choice and Lambert as plan B 4th choice and what he was bought for in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    The Rodgers out crap reached a peak after the 3 straight PL losses, as you'd expect, some people maintained the tide would turn etc, 7 games on we have 14 points and are playing relatively well. Some of us anticipated this, some didn't.

The tide turned after we were brought to the brink of collapse, dumped out of CL ignominiously after drawing a dream group and languishing in PL mid-table. While I didn't call for Bren's exit, I would fully expect the owners to have been scouting replacements at that point (if it was your money in the club you would be doing likewise).
    To a certain degree every manager is walking a tight-rope, if this welcomed gradual recovery continues we may see FSG spend some money in this window. Otherwise they will save their dollars for a new broom in the summer, imo.

Happy New Year fellow reds. Have a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yep. Happy new year lads. I hope 2015 is a great year for all of ye.

Thanks for keeping me enlightened,informed and amused through the year.

Top bunch of lads in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Happy New Years lads

It's ours ain't it ;)

Pro Rogers Fans, Anti Rogers Fans, Skeptical Rodgers Fans we all want the same thing in 2015 and that is a successful Liverpool.

Happy New Year to One and All!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Happy New Year everyone!

B6IC1bRCUAAYPk7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bingo bango new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

MERRY NEW YEAR! HA HA HA!

hqdefault.jpg

YA FLIGHTY ANIMALS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tomorrows bumfluff - Ibe recall, Gerrard to be given every chance to consider his future at the club, Balo to Napoli on loan

I only signed up at the start of the season, been reading this little section of boards.ie for years, apologies to anyone who I've disagreed with who has been irked :)

I think we have a manager who can consistently get the club punching above it's weight on the field, I think it's never been as hard to do just that.

At times the ole query of "how many will we win by today" has crossed my mind, I got that feeling last Monday and I expect to see more of the same in 2015 :D

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Happy new year panda saps.
    Good fortune to you all and our club LFC.

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Happy New Year fellow reds. Have a good one!

same to you, and many happy returns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We all want the same thing at the end of the day, happy new year to all the reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Stop being so f*cking social.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Stop being so f*cking social.

Someone needs a New Year hug :D

4302879972_739c0420b0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

happy new year,

muther truckers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Happy new year ye sexy animals!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ah balls. I meant to come in here at 12.01 and say our year!

Bloody family and things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Transfer window open 45 minutes already and no one signed. TRANSFER COMMITTEE OUT. RODGERS OUT. FSG OUT. OUT. OUT. OUT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Paolo nutini would be a great signing.

flanzer wrote: »
    Transfer window open 45 minutes already and no one signed. TRANSFER COMMITTEE OUT. RODGERS OUT. FSG OUT. OUT. OUT. OUT.

50 mins now.

Have we bought anyone yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Babelcopter on it's way to Melwood via Jim White

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

flanzer wrote: »

HOLD....

Transfer windows doesn't open until Saturday lads...

HOLD....

Transfer windows doesn't open until Saturday lads...

Haha. Really? Not like us to get ahead of ourselves on here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Top bunch of lads in here.

chinese.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

NewYearsPandaClipArtBLDesigns.gif

• Advertisement

I never got the our year shoite. Doing well in a calendar year gets you nowhere. Should it not be our season or our two bits of two consecutive years?

JOVIAL ANOTHER TWELVE MONTHS.

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    NewYearsPandaClipArtBLDesigns.gif

I'm sick if this panda shiote as well. You're only looking for thanks and its only 0/11 for originality.
    I'm sick of sides of stuff as well.
    I'm sick to the teeth. Of Skrtel with his banshee head with the black ribbon, sure I doubt he has the qualifications for a black headband in grappling.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I never got the our year shoite. Doing well in a calendar year gets you nowhere. Should it not be our season or our two bits of two consecutive years?

you know it's sarcasm in this context yeah ?? HNY !!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm sick if this panda shiote as well. You're only looking for thanks and its only 0/11 for originality.
    I'm sick of sides of stuff as well.
    I'm sick to the teeth. Of Skrtel with his banshee head with the black ribbon, sure I doubt he has the qualifications for a black headband in grappling.

get all tha bile up lad.... get it up!!

oh ****e am i the only one up....grim!! just snook down for a ciggy (the last one for a bit)..........HNY mofo's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

3 goals and 3 points i want today,lets go all last year on the 2nd half of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oooh we're at home today. This pleases me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great performance from Ibe the other night. Some rumours that we might recall him but I would like to leave him at Derby as he is progressing well.

Jack Dunn, Lloyd Jones and Kevin Stewart have joined League 2 Cheltenham Town on a months loan.

• Advertisement

mada999 wrote: »
    get all tha bile up lad.... get it up!!

You're just jealous I was copying your postathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Sell Borini, recall Ibe

Sell Allen, promote Suso as backup Midfielder

Sell Balo, buy Bony or Lacazette

Get on it Ayre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PRAF wrote: »
    Sell Borini, recall Ibe

Get on it Ayre!

This is more like it, as I said yesterday i'd love to start selling players in order to fit others in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

PRAF wrote: »
    Sell Borini, recall Ibe

Get on it Ayre!

Why on earth would we sell Allen?

He's on low enough wages, he has never grumbled about being a squad player and he is more than capable of performing at PL level.

Re: Ibe - leave him at Derby, pray they get promoted and then leave him there next season too. Throw in a contract extension to secure his future.
    With Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi, Sturridge and probably another striker here next season his gametime may be limited.

I don't mean this as a dig at Rodgers but it will come across as much to some.

Rodgers really doesn't do himself any favours with quotes like this.
    "When I came in here, there was talk about whether he could play my type of football, whether his legs had gone. But he was arguably the player of the year last year.

He definitely wasn't in our top 3 thats for sure and arguably wasn't even in our top 5 five players last season. .

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2222259/steven-gerrard-transfer-talks-not-worrying-brendan-rodgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jack Dunn, Lloyd Jones and Kevin Stewart have joined League 2 Cheltenham Town on a months loan.

They have a job on so! Chelts are 19th in that division with just 20 goals scored all season. So they get in two defenders! That said Jack Dunn could make a difference up top with his pace and shot.

Why on earth would we sell Allen?

He's on low enough wages, he has never grumbled about being a squad player and he is more than capable of performing at PL level.

Re: Ibe - leave him at Derby, pray they get promoted and then leave him there next season too. Throw in a contract extension to secure his future.
    With Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi, Sturridge and probably another striker here next season his gametime may be limited.

I think Allen has done ok at LFC. Good on the ball, etc. However he was more suited to the 'death by football' type approach which has since been abandoned. He doesn't really excel in the current setup. Not as good as Lucas in a DM type role, not as energetic or athletic as Hendo at CM, doesn't have the range of passing of Stevie, doesn't have the ability of a Coutinho or Lallana to play that AM type role either. Selling him and promoting Suso wouldn't hurt the team IMO. Recoup some of the investment in Allen and give Suso a chance to shine.

Re Ibe, if you're good enough you're old enough. If we sell Borini, which I think we should, we'll need cover.

He definitely wasn't in our top 3 thats for sure and arguably wasn't even in our top 5 five players last season. .

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2222259/steven-gerrard-transfer-talks-not-worrying-brendan-rodgers

I'd have Stevie in our top 3 from last year - miles behind Suarez, a good distance behind Studge, but ahead of all the others. You're right tho - a bit of an exaggeration from BR!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Top assisting player last season was he not?? Scored some vital goals as well. Suarez was the main man last season but Gerrard was in the bracket behind him with Sturridge and Sterling

• Advertisement

I'd have him behind Suarez, Sturridge & Sterling.

I would arguably have him behind Henderson.

I know what Rodgers is doing by saying that thought Gerrard is free to talk to clubs from today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement