Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Done.

B7vL-BRCUAA6TMK.jpg

That's a bit **** your unveiling photo is at the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

10690189_919592704739406_1535472496451350370_n.jpg?oh=e8c59d097e2112503ca27fd9c2d3b76a&oe=5566952D&__gda__=1432315797_3d629fc6b054482aab276465795d5620

Linda likes clean sheets
    LP1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Linda likes clean sheets
    LP1.jpg

There goes my clean bed sheets with that picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wish that team leak crap was under control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

brevity wrote: »

No real surprises there though. I would of thought that was the line-up although if this leaking is true it needs to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Luke Garbutt LFC bound is also from the spy in the camp, floating about tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Wish that team leak crap was under control.

I would be full sure its a strategic decision on the part of Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Luke Garbutt LFC bound is also from the spy in the camp, floating about tonight

where are you seeing this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

If the sink was leaking in my house I'd have it fixed, just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Brilliant :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

ricero wrote: »
    No real surprises there though. I would of thought that was the line-up although if this leaking is true it needs to stop.

Exactly. Everyone knew Gerrard would be starting and that it would be in the front 3. Based on previous recent team selections the rest pick themselves in terms of putting out strongest line up.

Markovic has done really well as right wing back recently. He's getting better tracking back and getting his body in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

J Mysterio wrote: »

:confused: Why? That makes no sense unless he's an absolute numpty.

No manager in the league would willingly leak his starting 11 every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If you think you gain an advantage over Mourinho by showing him your cards face up, eh...good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have we won every game that Henderson has captained? I've had a rough long weekend and my brain still is not 100%, but I have a feeling we are certainly unbeaten with him as captain anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NukaCola wrote: »
    :confused: Why? That makes no sense unless he's an absolute numpty.

No manager in the league would willingly leak his starting 11 every week.

I don't think it gives much of an advantage tbh. Trapp used to do it all the time, remember this one? Obviously the game was lost badly but not because of the team named 7 days early

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/republic-of-ireland/9309907/Euro-2012-Republic-of-Ireland-manager-Giovanni-Trapattoni-blessed-by-luck-as-he-names-injury-free-line-up.html?mobile=basic

While im sure Mourinho had a fairly confident idea of what the line up was going to be, It needs to stop.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    1397819406_Three-reasons-why-Jose-Mo_3.jpg

oImOvj1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If you think you gain an advantage over Mourinho by showing him your cards face up, eh...good luck.

Tnh I don`t think anyone is surprised by that XI much less Mourinho. Lallana is still injured and Kolo is at the ACON so we`re not spoilt for choice. Although if Sturridge were to be fit and starts here is me and my brother.

472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tnh I don`t think anyone is surprised by that XI much less Mourinho. Lallana is still injured and Kolo is at the ACON so we`re not spoilt for choice. Although if Sturridge were to be fit and starts here is me and my brother.

472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

More like you and every other Liverpool fan..

where are you seeing this?

A few mentions on twitter and RAWK. Dunno if he is well thought of, though I think he picked up some player of the month type trinket for the club recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have to say, I am a bit surprised at just how little transfer activity there has been so far. Other than City signing Bony - there has been nothing so far. Now that we're into the last two weeks though, it'll be interesting to see if anyone pushes the panic button and buys at the last minute. I didn't think we would be signing many players, but I thought a 'keeper was definitely on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have to say, I am a bit surprised at just how little transfer activity there has been so far. Other than City signing Bony - there has been nothing so far. Now that we're into the last two weeks though, it'll be interesting to see if anyone pushes the panic button and buys at the last minute. I didn't think we would be signing many players, but I thought a 'keeper was definitely on the cards.

There'll be a lot of form based panic buying. But all in all its been a very quiet window for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

J Mysterio wrote: »

The team sheets thing is going on for years so I doubt it somehow!

The club didn't handle well the last attempt at outing insiders.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

AC Milan Look To Take Liverpool Striker On Loan..

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/01/ac-milan-look-to-take-liverpool-striker-on-loan/

I don't think Borini would turn down this move if it's really on.

If it's any consolation, I tried this last night in my Football Manager game (with AC Milan) and was told to do one by Rodgers. We all know how realistic those games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

K-9 wrote: »
    The team sheets thing is going on for years so I doubt it somehow!

The club didn't handle well the last attempt at outing insiders.

There are of course often some leaks are people having a fairly good idea (its not too hard most of the time) but the last couple of months it seems to be a proper leak i.e. teams sheets nailed on every week. Not good. Surely they are aware of this?

gafferino wrote: »
    There are of course often some leaks are people having a fairly good idea (its not too hard most of the time) but the last couple of months it seems to be a proper leak i.e. teams sheets nailed on every week. Not good. Surely they are aware of this?

Well I'd assume so. Probably can't do too much about it plus I'd guess they have the first 11 playing together a lot in training and all that stuff!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

gafferino wrote: »

There was a leak under Kenny as well.

That Duncan Jenkins fella used to post the team up on twitter the night before a game and gained a lot of notoriety as an insider. Turns out he was getting them off some small private LFC forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can't pretty much anyone watch training in melwood anyways? Often see pictures of people looking over the wall and watching them train when they are bound to line out in lineups for the next game at some point? Probably why there's often team leaks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think the jan transfer window should be scrapped, there are never any decent players available and if there is there prices are massivly inflated, yea i know we got cout and danny in jan but its just not worth all the ****, a month of nothing but speculation and stress, scap it i say and just let us get back to the football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I think the jan transfer window should be scrapped, there are never any decent players available and if there is there prices are massivly inflated, yea i know we got cout and danny in jan but its just not worth all the ****, a month of nothing but speculation and stress, scap it i say and just let us get back to the football

Coutinho and Suarez were January signings along with Sturridge.

Blatter wrote: »
    Coutinho and Suarez were January signings along with Sturridge.

So was Andy Carroll :(

Masch, Agger, Skrtel, Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho are some of the January signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mascherano also was a January transfer dont forget. There's definitely value to be had. United got Evra and Vidic in the past in January window, Dortmund signed Mats Hummels in Jan, Chelsea got Cahill for 7m....etc

Match just on Sky tonight? Don't think BBC have the rights any more.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Abolish the summer transfer window. It seems we rarely buy anyone good in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

From the grauniad
    Italian website Tuttomercatoweb claim that Lucas Leiva is still interested in a move to Inter and that he feels ‘undervalued’ at Liverpool. Warning: they are not the most reliable of websites ...

— Tuttomercatoweb.com (@TuttoMercatoWeb) January 20, 2015
    #Inter, Lucas stuzzicato dai nerazzurri. Ai Reds si sente sottovalutato http://t.co/BNPRDrLCck

Having said that, the Brazilian will probably join them in the next 48 hours.

:(

Letting Lucas leave now would be inexcusable.

• Advertisement

Lucas can leave if we buy a better replacement but you just know we won't. Knowing Inter we have been offered 2 packs of skips and mars bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Know I'm off topic, but I was looking back at 2005 and Milan had some team that year.

World class player in every position.
    207ss4n.jpg

No such thing as off topic in this thread, Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

You could understand if that is infact how he feels. This the longest run of starts he's had under Rodgers and he probably feels if/when Rodgers gets a replacement in the summer he'll be back stuck on the bench and by then who knows if Inter will still be interested.

Thats not even off topic!

Have you been putting drugs in your tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Know I'm off topic, but I was looking back at 2005 and Milan had some team that year.

World class player in every position.
    207ss4n.jpg

And how did that match go?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Seamu$ wrote: »

The no hopers won on penalty kicks after no one gave them a chance in hell on winning that final .

Seamu$ wrote: »

Presume we lost. Turned it off when we were 3-0 down at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Shhh, the Panda yellow has got me by the brain banana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

"Buggrit, buggrem, see if i don't! Millenium hand and shrimp!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

actually it was dried frog pills

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement