Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm sick of reading about Italian clubs and possible loan deals to them. They can take their loan deals and shove them up their "haven't got a pot to píss in" arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ook.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, Lucas isn't going anywhere, not in this window anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How much was Suso sold for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

It wouldn't surprise me if he was seeking a better/new contract while he's an integral part of the team.

Nice signing on fee, fans are happy, Lucas gets paid, his agent gets paid.
    I very much doubt he is going anywhere though. Maybe to Alton Towers for a day trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm sick of reading about Italian clubs and possible loan deals to them. They can take their loan deals and shove them up their "haven't got a pot to píss in" arses.

I wouldn't even give them a cold. If they want Lucas cold hard pounds or get lost but I wouldn't sell him. Joe Allen would be the first of the midfielders I would sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Knex. wrote: »
    Presume we lost. Turned it off when we were 3-0 down at half time.

I actually did that.

Fecked off at half-time and made some food. Came back when it was 3-2 just in time for the penalty :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

upset at Stevie leaving the club. poor Caroline.

Caroline-Wozniacki-Liverpool-21-e1298625866501.jpg
    "I'm a little sad. I'm going to have my Stevie G jerseys hanging somewhere. Unfortunately he won't be playing there any more. I'll have to make a trip probably to L.A. to have a look again. But 17 seasons, it's a long time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Such an underrated player Milner is, I'd love him at Anfield. He's living a few years in Manchester, short commute to Liverpool so we might have a good chance of signing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rob316 wrote: »
    Such an underrated player Milner is, I'd love him at Anfield. He's living a few years in Manchester, short commute to Liverpool so we might have a good chance of signing him.

Maybe, would be a good addition for us. The problem I see is where is he going to fit in?

He is obviously leaving City as he is not getting his game all the time. He is 29 now and I am not sure if he will be guaranteed for us either so will he be bothered coming to us.

he'd suit what we need perfectly.

but he'd want a biggish contract, and he doesn't fit the normal profile this regime goes for.

a non-starter i'd say unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

People saying Lucas shouldn't be allowed to leave until an upgrade is brought in need to think what happens if that upgrade doesn't work out or gets injured.

Lucas shouldn't be allowed to leave at all he should be offered a new long term contract and then a new DM should be brought in and the two of them can fight for a starting place.

Lucas will be the longest serving first team player at the club when Gerrad leaves we need to keep him and that experience of the club to help the team and new players settle in and get an understanding of Liverpool.

He'd make a great wingback in our current system IMO, whether he would be interested I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

SlickRic wrote: »
    he'd suit what we need perfectly.

but he'd want a biggish contract, and he doesn't fit the normal profile this regime goes for.

a non-starter i'd say unfortunately.

most likely a non starter but would probably be viewed as the shorter term cheaper replacement. I dont he has to start every game but he probably would start most of liverpools. can also cover centre mid and has a great work rate

slingerz wrote: »
    most likely a non starter but would probably be viewed as the shorter term cheaper replacement. I dont he has to start every game but he probably would start most of liverpools. can also cover centre mid and has a great work rate

he would start all of Liverpool's games, or at least should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

slingerz wrote: »

I agree with your opinion on Milner and I would like to see him signed the only thing is city might try to hold onto him because of the champions league and the need for home grown players in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

SlickRic wrote: »
    he would start all of Liverpool's games, or at least should.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Milner would be in competition with Henderson, out of the 2 I'd keep Henderson.

Don't believe has has enough guile to play further fwd. Could he replace Lucas? Not sure, don't see him as that type of player currently.

gafferino wrote: »
    Where?

RWB at the very least.

he'd also have a good shot of playing in a 3-man midfield if Rodgers does want Gerrard as the playmaker in last season's formation, with Milner and Henderson either side of him.

also, and i'll probably be rallied out of the thread for this, it'd be quite close between himself and Henderson in terms of who should be first choice in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Milner on a free would be very nice buisness. City will be paying well over the odds for whatever English player they bring in over the summer if he is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I take it those of you who wouldn't take Milner in a heartbeat haven't actually watched him this season. He's played brilliantly wherever City have put him.

klose wrote: »
    Milner on a free would be very nice buisness. City will be paying well over the odds for whatever English player they bring in over the summer if he is off.

£60m for Raheem Sterling:pac:

• Advertisement

I'd like to see use go back and look at M'Vila in the summer when his loan deal with Inter is up he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and have him and Lucas competeing for the DM role would be fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Know I'm off topic, but I was looking back at 2005 and Milan had some team that year.

World class player in every position.
    207ss4n.jpg

Yeah but we had Harry Kewell and Jimmy Traore, no contest really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Kirby wrote: »
    I take it those of you who wouldn't take Milner in a heartbeat haven't actually watched him this season. He's played brilliantly wherever City have put him.

Players tend to excel in the season before their contract expires, not saying he would not make a good acquisition but you have to take into account a players form in the previous season too, in order to grasp their likely contribution.

Another day and another young player linked.

Sam Byram of Leeds.

garra wrote: »
    Players tend to excel in the season before their contract expires, not saying he would not make a good acquisition but you have to take into account a players form in the previous season too, in order to grasp their likely contribution.

Milner has been impressive most seasons with City tbh.

Incredibly underrated player over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Another day and another young player linked.

Sam Byram of Leeds.

From Wikipedia: "On 9 August, Southampton manager, Ronald Koeman confirmed that Leeds had rejected a bid of £4.5million from to sign Byram."

He's also around the same age as Flanagan, who I'd imagine is a far superior player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd like to see use go back and look at M'Vila in the summer when his loan deal with Inter is up he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and have him and Lucas competeing for the DM role would be fine for me.
    Wouldn't want M'Vila. Poor attitude & not getting games at a very poor Inter team. Need to be targetting better players. I would go for Nainngolan or Imbula from Marseille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turning our nose up at Milner? Jaysus. Bloody excellent player. I'd love us to get him.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wouldn't want M'Vila. Poor attitude & not getting games at a very poor Inter team. Need to be targetting better players. I would go for Nainngolan or Imbula from Marseille.

It's not even which player we get the main issue is we shouldn't be letting Lucas leave.

We have a limited budget because of the FFP and the money we do have needs to be used on a Striker and a keepers.

I just can't see us having the money for Nainggolan who would be a good fit.

Imbula is adding another young player to the squad not what we need now.

The reason I say M'Vila is his one of his best friends is at the club which would you hope help him settle. There is a very good player there and for probably less than €10m when you have limited budget is a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

It's not even which player we get the main issue is we shouldn't be letting Lucas leave.

We have a limited budget because of the FFP and the money we do have needs to be used on a Striker and a keepers.

I just can't see us having the money for Nainggolan who would be a good fit.

Imbula is adding another young player to the squad not what we need now.

The reason I say M'Vila is his one of his best friends is at the club which would you hope help him settle. There is a very good player there and for probably less than €10m when you have limited budget is a good price

I must have missed something, why are people even talking about replacing Lucas. Since he has come back we look infinitely more solid.

rossc007 wrote: »
    I must have missed something, why are people even talking about replacing Lucas. Since he has come back we look infinitely more solid.

People are saying he shouldn't be allowed to leave till an upgrade is brought in.

What I am saying is he shouldn't be allowed to leave for any reason but another DM should be brought in to compete with him for a starting place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rossiter on the bench tonight according to FB post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

8-10 wrote: »

Sounds like it might have been discussed by the parents, but not very well thought out.

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Let's ****ing do this! Cup semi at Anfield. **** Chelsea, they're nothing.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Let's ****ing do this! Cup semi at Anfield. **** Chelsea, they're nothing.

I was considering doing a mock Lloyd post earlier with lots of the above type stuff but couldn't be arsed in the end as I was actually busy, but I'm glad you didn't let me down Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Can't wait for this. True litmus test as to whether our recent mini revival is based on definite improvement or the lack of quality of the opposition.
    Fascinating to see how Can, Sakho and Skrtel handle things tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Anyone showing highlights later? Won't get to see the match and want to see if worth trying to avoid the result.

Some banners/flags tonight.

B70SB3ICQAEpuUW.jpg

B70SBTPIUAAhvO1.jpg

And of course (bad picture)

B70Of8ACUAAAgCU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mosstin wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. True litmus test as to whether our recent mini revival is based on definite improvement or the lack of quality of the opposition.
    Fascinating to see how Can, Sakho and Skrtel handle things tonight.

Skrtel two own goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm steering well clear of the match thread tonight, gonna turn nasty I'd say. I'd be delighted with a goalless draw, I see Sakho or Lucas getting MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm steering well clear of the match thread tonight, gonna turn nasty I'd say. I'd be delighted with a goalless draw, I see Sakho or Lucas getting MOTM.

No other matches on...they'll all be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Playing alright here, just a stupid peno to give away. Typical of us.
    Very hard to break this team down.

Does Rodgers have a plan b? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

In fairness it should be 2 or 3-1 to Liverpool except for Courtois. Amazing stuff from him tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement