Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

martyos121 wrote: »
    Carra is giving out about Can now.

What feckin game was he watching? Can was superb!

He's just jealous that Cansome has his number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Knex. wrote: »
    I wasn't hanging Gerrard for it. Its an obvious moment that stands out. 2 inches to the right and we're all sitting here a lot happier right now.

Ah fair enough, The comment just reminded me of the slip and how it cost us the league nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rarnes1 wrote: »
    In fairness, Mourinhio was fairly respectful in that interview

He was but that comment of "We had plenty of space to counter against 3 defenders" is really really weird because our midfield really squeezed and pressed them on the counter, when they went wide our WB's covered well and they had very little chances on the break, maybe one or two dodgy moments.

Then again, not like Mourinho to bend the truth.

We should send the team to Jamaica for a little break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I have to say I'm very happy with that . Liverpool were awesome tonignt . Lucas was the best player in red tonight . Any talk of selling or loaning him to Milan needs to stop now .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Lucas, Henderson and Sterling outstanding tonight

How we didn't win that I don't know? We've had a few games like that this season, absolutely peppering the other teams goal and with their only attempt they score. I wonder in Jose's managerial career has he ever been on the end of a 20 - 2 goal attempts stat. That's how good we were, belief and confidence is returning!

We have to beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge to get to the final, or at the very least get a 2-2 draw. A very difficult task. Really needed that second goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

NukaCola wrote: »
    We have to beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge to get to the final, or at the very least get a 2-2 draw. A very difficult task. Really needed that second goal.

Away goals do not count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think he is just ripping at Can for giving away the silly pen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

djPSB wrote: »
    Away goals do not count.

They do after extra time.

Away goals do not count.

After extra time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ah man, played well.

Hope it's not a chance missed, Gotta score at least 1 at the bridge

No not if its a 0-0 draw. Someone posted the bizarre league cup rules regarding away goals earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Away goals do not count.

I thought they counted in extra time after two legs are played .

Away goals do not count.

They do if the game goes to extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Most important thing for me tonight is that they played with pace tonight that reminded me of last season.
    Coming back against the top team in the league is good going.

All to play for next week.

• Advertisement

Then again 1-1 and win on peno's is do-able :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Was he not just critical about the tackle for the penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm so sick of interviewers asking if the rest to Sterling is showing now. As if it's not obvious but how many times must Rodgers say it was for his career, not just a few matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dont tell me the league cup means nothing,two full strength teams out there giving everything.. great performance outplaying the best team in the land by a fair margain.. i hate the way chelsea play football though,tactics and playing style,its just rotten.

Players like to win trophies. We saw the same thing three years ago when our semi against City was full bore down to the last few minutes. And finals are always finals.

I understand the way the modern game conditions people to focus on CL qualification and the financial rewards that go with it dwarf what's on offer for the League Cup. But when I read posts that totally discount the cups, the 'I'd rather 3 points in the league at the weekend' type posts I just think the people writing them must never have played sports themselves. You play to win the game - tonight was a fine example of that. Great game of ball.

I really hope we see a cameo from Sturridge against Bolton Wanderererers and then a start for the return leg. Just add pace and Liverpool will be getting back to last season so much else is starting to come good.

Aj jaysus he hasn't played since August and is very injury prone..... Can't see him having a cameo followed by a start at the bridge unless he has turned into superman. Give him a chance! I have a feeling it will be the following weekend before he comes in to contention.

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    No not if its a 0-0 draw. Someone posted the bizarre league cup rules regarding away goals earlier.

Right game at the bridge finishes as a draw then extra time.

If at the end of extra time it is still a draw and its 0-0 Chelsea go through on away goals, if it's 1-1 it goes to pens and any other score draw Liverpool go through. It's that simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A striker with pace needs to be bought.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Players like to win trophies. We saw the same thing three years ago when our semi against City was full bore down to the last few minutes. And finals are always finals.

I understand the way the modern game conditions people to focus on CL qualification and the financial rewards that go with it dwarf what's on offer for the League Cup. But when I read posts that totally discount the cups, the 'I'd rather 3 points in the league at the weekend' type posts I just think the people writing them must never have played sports themselves. You play to win the game - tonight was a fine example of that. Great game of ball.

Agreed. I don't think there is a team in the world who would play a weakened team in the semi final of a cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Was he not just critical about the tackle for the penalty?

No he had the gall to say he had a poor game overall. Can't make sense of it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

How does he keep a straight face.

Botox I'd say........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Obviously disappointed we didn't win the game - Courtois kept them in it - but the performance was brilliant and very happy with that. Real signs of a Liverpool resurgence going on, and with Sturridge to come back in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

slingerz wrote: »
    Vital Liverpool get a viable alternative to Lucas. Lucas has become a really pivotal player

We should sign Lucas.

gafferino wrote: »
    Aj jaysus he hasn't played since August and is very injury prone..... Can't see him having a cameo followed by a start at the bridge unless he has turned into superman. Give him a chance! I have a feeling it will be the following weekend before he comes in to contention.

Rumour has it his skeleton has been bonded with adamantium during his current layoff :eek:!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Excellent display all round, the speed and movement from last year is starting to show again, oh the have jaws back...

No he had the gall to say he had a poor game overall. Can't make sense of it tbh.

I didn't think he went that far at all, I thought he just referred to Can being beat by cesc too easily and then trying to make up for that by the clumsy tackle on Hazard.

Which I totally agree with.

• Advertisement

Moreno had a good game but I hope he learns that the cross isn't always on, I think he could of came infield with the ball, rather than trying a cross that probably wasn't on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is that Terry?.... he's probably pregnant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must say I thought Coutinho was brilliant in the 2nd half tonight. Ran Chelsea defence and defensive midfielders a merry dance at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

donfers wrote: »
    Lucas, Henderson and Sterling outstanding tonight

How we didn't win that I don't know? We've had a few games like that this season, absolutely peppering the other teams goal and with their only attempt they score. I wonder in Jose's managerial career has he ever been on the end of a 20 - 2 goal attempts stat. That's how good we were, belief and confidence is returning!

Henderson you got to be kidding thought he was average at best Lucas was immense sakho played welltoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

monkey9 wrote: »
    We should sign Lucas.

He's only 28 plenty of years left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is that Terry?.... he's probably pregnant now.

I would say that's not how it works but...you know Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great performance tonight. Some of the signings are starting to show their potential.
    Can has looked very good recently. Moreno offers a great threat with his pace in this system Markovic also is starting to look decent. I thought coutinho was class tonight a joy to watch and I have to eat my words on Lucas he has made a huge difference since coming back into the team. It's such a shame we have had no striker this season a definite opportunity missed with regard to getting top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Great performance tonight. Some of the signings are starting to show their potential.
    Can has looked very good recently. Moreno offers a great threat with his pace in this system Markovic also is starting to look decent. I thought coutinho was class tonight a joy to watch and I have to ear my words on Lucas he has made a huge difference since coming back into the team. It's such a shame we have had no striker this season a definite opportunity missed with regard to getting top 4.

and ... Coutinho is just coming into some serious form right now. Absolutely brilliant tonight and managed to basically get free on the ball between a bus and a parking lot every time. Best mid on display and really making us tick over. Give him Sturridge in front of him and it can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »

The most shocking part of that is that Atkinson didn't help his teammates out by holding Sterling down til the danger had passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rumour has it his skeleton has been bonded with adamantium during his current layoff :eek:!!

surely will affect his pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

To think if we got all are targeted signings we would have Willian,Costa and Sanchez in the same team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm hoping Sturridge will be fit for the Bolton game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

To think if we got all are targeted signings we would have Willian,Costa and Sanchez in the same team!

Don't think that much of Willian. While he works hard, he's far more likely to shoot high into the crowd than actually score.

Would take Coutinho over him any day. Wouldn't mind having Costa and Sanchez in and around the first team tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't tell you how delighted I am for Lucas after being once again written off.

What a fúcking man.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm hoping Sturridge will be fit for the Bolton game.

Highly unlikely I believe. West Ham probably being targeted I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    surely will affect his pace.

And ability to travel by air for away games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't tell you how delighted I am for Lucas after being once again written off.

What a fúcking man.

Its been quite the road to recovery, but he really looks almost right back to his best.

A player we really need to keep regardless of new recruits, given that he's the only really experienced head there now post-Gerrard, aside from Skrtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

SlickRic wrote: »

What a fúcking man.

Agreed, he's in fantastic form. I think a lot of us were worried after he came back from his injury. He was still able to offer something but he lost that mobility and ability to really knock someone off the ball.

Over the last few weeks he seems to be gaining that back and this is easily the best he has been since prior to the injury. Long may it continue! You just have to love that dedication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That team can win the league next year. Fuvk the fuvk ****.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement