Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 Ext bell not sounding.

Options
  • 29-12-2014 10:47pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    have looked and found a few similar questions but mine is unique -I think.

Just installed a new Hkc 1070 panel, keypad and ext & int sounder.
    Had no connections to windows or doors and the panel was green, no faults etc.
    Ext sounder goes off when opened. and int goes off when a walk test is done.

Connected up front door Z1 and back door Z2 today. named them, did walk test.

But when I armed the system, and opened the door only the keypad beeped. No ext sounder at all.

so - do I have to assign those 2 initial zones to the "alarm" before the panel knows they are part of the full arm.
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

let the zones into alarm for over a minute before you put in your code to turn it off.

are the 2 zones entry/exits?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

why do that - leave it ring ??

yes both e/e and have them edited as that in the software.

entry exits would be an entry fault, ie that you didn't put in the code on time, outside wont ring for a minute maybe or 30 sec to give you a chance to put in your code . can you arm it, then walk in and past the entry exit zone to another zone that is alarm only, outside bell should ring then

thadg wrote: »
    entry exits would be an entry fault, ie that you didn't put in the code on time, outside wont ring for a minute maybe or 30 sec to give you a chance to put in your code . can you arm it, then walk in and past the entry exit zone to another zone that is alarm only, outside bell should ring then

Understand now.
    I only have the 2 e/e in place at the moment.

so - if I change the zone1/front door to "alarm" instead of e/e (as a test) and then open it - it should go off straight away.
    Those times are in the Timers section.

might leave that til the morning :)

yes but you could just open the door and don't put your code in and let the inside 1 ring away and then the outside should ring after a min.

• Advertisement

Let entry time expire. Int went off but not the ext. Then I reset the panel. And set off the panic - *# - and both went off. Any ideas.

Update. Set the front door to Alarm instead of e/e and only the Int bell went off.

Ok think I have it sorted.

In zone options z1 had inhibit as Y so set that to N.
    when door is set to Alarm both bells go off when door is opened.

When set to e/e only Int goes off (after entry delay) but after another 30 secs of Int going off the ext kicks in.
    so must be a Timer setting.

K

Advertisement