Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throttling?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm having lots of problems because of throttling, I know everyone says there is no throttling but I use a VPN and it works perfect.

Basically twitch.tv any stream will not load in any quality. If I put on a VPN it loads source with no hastle

Currently have 13down 0.6 up

any ideas?

Gav.

ps: don't have any more issues with congestion since upgrading from 6mb to 13, so its not that.

Also tried using the google dns (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) etc..

Nothing works.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

GavoTrav wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm having lots of problems because of throttling, I know everyone says there is no throttling but I use a VPN and it works perfect.

Basically twitch.tv any stream will not load in any quality. If I put on a VPN it loads source with no hastle

Currently have 13down 0.6 up

any ideas?

Gav.

ps: don't have any more issues with congestion since upgrading from 6mb to 13, so its not that.

Also tried using the google dns (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) etc..

Nothing works.
    Hi GavoTrav

Unfortunately we will be unable to offer support to specific websites but I can assure you that further capacity has been added and will be continued to be added to our international service.

We continue to work on this and further work will be implemented over next few weeks.

We will of course continue to take all feedback on this issue and will update with any information available to us.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gav_96

Thanks for the info alan,

I actually wanted to thank you for finding out I could upgrade to 15mb By the way! also they moved me down to 12mb because it was disconnecting a lot, and it was fine, switched back to 15 to see was it still working but disconnecting again.

Is eircom phone lines open tomorrow for new years eve? or do I have to wait til 1st/2nd? :)

Need to call back and get switched to the 12mb profile again.

Advertisement