Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ugliest New Car for sale today!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Maybe not the ugliest out there. But not sure what's the the point of it. VW Polo Cross.

http://www.topgear.com/india/our-car-reviews/polo?id=2209

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Not on the market yet, but based on the photos I have seen, that new Google self-driving car is terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Skoda Superb

I think it looks more peculiar than ugly. Definitely not pretty from the rear though!

skoda-superb-02.jpg

Haha that exactly my car!! White face lift superb, I think they are quite nice! I got mine brand new £15750. any better taxi for that money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The facelift superb is a big improvement over the last one though, particularly the rear lights

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Coming to your local suburban school run in 2015

2015-land-rover-defender-header-photo-448261-s-original.jpg

• Advertisement

That's funky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

No, they just made a bags of it.

Skoda-Superb-TestDrive-03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Funnily enough I think the pre face-lift front is better looking while the face lift rear is way better.

Yep, bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

honda-insight.jpg

Hands down, the Honda Insight is the ****est thing I've ever seen,.

Honorable mention to 1 Series, 5 Series GT, & all Skodas.

Its like an artists impression of a Prius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

honda-insight.jpg

Hands down, the Honda Insight is the ****est thing I've ever seen,.

Honorable mention to 1 Series, 5 Series GT, & all Skodas.

That looks like a car with a combover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I have both and like Foxhole says I perferer the older one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

You say pointless but i have a friend who has a superb and the double opening thing is really handy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

You say pointless but i have a friend who has a superb and the double opening thing is really handy!
    Yeah, can open it like a hatch for big loads or just open the spring loaded lid with the key fob for handy stuff! can't see how it would look different because of it though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I must be the only one who likes the back of the Superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The superb is ugly because somebody loaded it up in photoshop, caught it halfway through the back door and stretched the back door beyond any sense of proportion.
    Either the facelift massaged that or they just found better angles to show it from. Or it looks better in white than the standard metallic beige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jesus. wrote: »

Me 2. Very useful boot,and even more reliable engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

If you have stuff in your hands and can't lift the hatch it would be handy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The real reason behind it is in the pursuit of space the doors massive and weighs a tonne. Having a second lighter door will keep everyone happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

The real reason behind it is in the pursuit of space the doors massive and weighs a tonne. Having a second lighter door will keep everyone happy.

Apparently the new model is reportedly dropping it? Hatchbacks are fine till you open them in a low multi story and they spring up and hit the ceiling :) almost almost :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Jesus. wrote: »

Always reminded me of a facelifted Renault Safrane which was no looker in its day and it's day had long since passed when Skoda stuck a picture of it on a Passat with some wallpaper paste

Renault_Safrane_rear_20080222.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Always reminded me of a facelifted Renault Safrane which was no looker in its day and it's day had long since passed when Skoda stuck a picture of it on a Passat with some wallpaper paste

Renault_Safrane_rear_20080222.jpg

That's probably the best description of a Skoda Superb I've heard! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

alias no.9 wrote: »
    There are a variety of options for people whose eyesight deteriorates as they age. Glasses, contact lenses, laser eye surgery, cataract removal, etc... but the first step should be to consult with an optician.
    Or get a prescription windscreen:

Toyota Mirai fcv (hydrogen powered)

The huge wings incorporate vents to cool the hydrogen cells, but why must it be so ugly?

Toyota-Mirai-474x316-d35803c9dcf7ee65.jpg

Mercedes GLE (Replacement for the ML)

Of all the cars Mercedes could have copied they blatantly copied one of the ugliest cars from their direct rivals, the BMW X6.

mercedes-gle-02-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Toyota Mirai fcv (hydrogen powered)

The huge wings incorporate vents to cool the hydrogen cells, but why must it be so ugly?

Toyota-Mirai-474x316-d35803c9dcf7ee65.jpg

That thing gives even the Honda Insight a run for its money. Do Toyota not want hydrogen to take off or what?

To the X6 haters: Yo is all wrong. The X6 is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Why so much Panamera hate? There's 1 regularly around Lower Grand Canal Street and she's a beauty. Would easily be my daily drive if I won the lotto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Nissan Puke Juke

/end

GavMan wrote: »
    Why so much Panamera hate? There's 1 regularly around Lower Grand Canal Street and she's a beauty. Would easily be my daily drive if I won the lotto

The CEO of Porsche even admits that the looks are not that great.

In a recent interview with Australia's Motoring, Porsche CEO Matthias Mueller told the automotive publication that mistakes were made in the first-generation Panamera. When asked to specify, the Porsche chief executive admitted the interior and exterior design of the company's four-seater could be better.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/porsche-ceo-admits-the-panamera-is-ugly-2014-10#ixzz3SzPiTfej

If I had the money for a 4 seater GT, I would be in the Masaerati showroom for the Quattroporte!

The front of the Mercedes GLE doesn't get any better

landscape_nrm_1418171802-007.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I guess you win this thread, Dia1988.

By far the worst looking car BMW has ever designed, the X6

bmw-x6-01.jpg

and then Mercedes feels so insecure they haven't got a car in this very important segment (:rolleyes:) that they need to copy this abomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I think it might be some kind of German "in joke" between the two companies. Mercedes bring out the new B Class, bmw respond with the 2 series active tourer. Mercedes play along by copying one of bmws mankiest cars.
    BMWs checkmate move will be to take the 5GT and apply mercedes experimental "limp droopy banana" styling to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement