Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run 2015 discount code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

long_b wrote: »

The Tshirt is blue this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Oh dear, looks like it could be wet and cold :( I know it's early to be sure, but not looking good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Cold is OK, preferable to it being too hot.

Hopefully, we will get lucky with the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

If you don't like the forecast check it again in a few hours. Currently shows mild breeze and no rain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Does anyone know how water stations are set up? bottles or cups of water? Gels? Which energy drink?

Looking forward to few pints and fried chicken after!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I don't remember exactly myself, but one of the lads says 500ml sports cap bottles of water and Spar brand isotonic drink. No gels as far as I know. I do remember they had wet sponges outside the hospital last year which were godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

The water was in small bottles last year.

Sounds like they have tracking this year.

The water was in small bottles last year.

Sounds like they have tracking this year.

Thought so too but I think it could just be "track the results as people finish"?

From the app
    Closer to Race day you will be able to track results from the Great Limerick Run

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Tracker is operational. Sounds like it'll pick us up at a few different points... Wishful thinking maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Got something saying there's an App you can download and track a runner by his/her number

• Advertisement

Apparently there's on course updates. Can't say I understand it fully.

http://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-GLR-2015#b=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Tracker is operational. Sounds like it'll pick us up at a few different points... Wishful thinking maybe

10k, Halfway, 30k and the finish is where the mats and sensors were for the last few years. Probably be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Name|Distance|PB|Target|Finish Time|
    NetwerkErrer|Half|1.26:26|1.29:59||
    Bulmers74|Full|3:18:07|3:09:59||
    chrislad|Half|2.24:13|2.00:00||
    diego_b|Half|1.59:39|1.55:00||
    overthebridge|Half|1.48.xx|1.49.59||
    CR 7|Half|1.41.something|1.29.59||
    polaris68|Full|4:00:50|3:49:59||
    Kookiebrew|Full|first one|3:50.00||
    MaggotBrain|6 Mile||48:59||
    gl0Rob|Half|1:38:04|1:34:59||
    JohnDozer|Full|4:07:35|3:49:59||
    Rockmurf|Full|3:26.00|5:00:00|
    Limerick91|Full|First One|3:59:59|
    BullBauld|Full|First One|3:59:59|
    long_b|Half|First One|2:00:00
    Calvin Johnson|Full|3:33:54|3:04:59

Going for sub 3:05.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Name|Distance|PB|Target|Finish Time|
    NetwerkErrer|Half|1.26:26|1.29:59||
    Bulmers74|Full|3:18:07|3:09:59||
    chrislad|Half|2.24:13|2.00:00||
    diego_b|Half|1.59:39|1.55:00||
    overthebridge|Half|1.48.xx|1.49.59||
    CR 7|Half|1.41.something|1.29.59||
    polaris68|Full|4:00:50|3:49:59||
    Kookiebrew|Full|first one|3:50.00||
    MaggotBrain|6 Mile||48:59||
    gl0Rob|Half|1:38:04|1:34:59||
    JohnDozer|Full|4:07:35|3:49:59||
    Rockmurf|Full|3:26.00|5:00:00|
    Limerick91|Full|First One|3:59:59|
    BullBauld|Full|First One|3:59:59|
    long_b|Half|First One|2:00:00
    Calvin Johnson|Full|3:33:54|3:04:59
    Cartman78|6 Mile|39:04|41:00

PB is from a 10K in 2012 but nowhere near that shape now :(

Ran 19:30 for a 5K last week so will see how it goes on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Jaysus lads the weather forecast is changing by the hour now I think... Three times today I've checked and different every time... Nerves starting to kick in a bit today.... The taper is defo not helping... Just wanna get out and run

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dmorrissey1

Hey All,

Looking forward to getting to Limerick this weekend. Went to register for the 6 mile yesterday and alas the shop door has now been closed. So coming to Limerick but not registered for the run.
    If you know of anyone who has registered and is now not running it would help.
    Looking for one for myself and wife.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

kookiebrew wrote: »
    Jaysus lads the weather forecast is changing by the hour now I think... Three times today I've checked and different every time... Nerves starting to kick in a bit today.... The taper is defo not helping... Just wanna get out and run

I know the feeling. I'm half recovering/tapering as my shins are at me a bit. I've done very little this week, bar a 10k on Sunday, but I've done the distance once, so I know I'll be able, and my legs feel good at the moment. As long as it's not the torrential rain that we had the last few mornings, I'll be happy. Temp seems high at 16 so we may be lucky. The last few years have been quite good if I recall.

chrislad wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I'm half recovering/tapering as my shins are at me a bit. I've done very little this week, bar a 10k on Sunday, but I've done the distance once, so I know I'll be able, and my legs feel good at the moment. As long as it's not the torrential rain that we had the last few mornings, I'll be happy. Temp seems high at 16 so we may be lucky. The last few years have been quite good if I recall.

The wind is the biggest problem. Rain really doesn't make a difference except mentally it can be a slog. I'll be drenched in water for the last 10k whether it be blue skies or torrential rain.

No point in worrying about things outside your control like the weather anyway. It will be what it will be and there's no changing it. Constantly checking the weather forecast only adds to anxiety.

I prefer the ol look out the window on raceday morning for a weather report and throw on what will keep you warm until the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Good luck to everyone running on Sunday, whatever distance you are doing.

I'll be hovering around the 4hr pacer at the start line wearing a Roscommon Harriers AC top if anyone wants to say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Myself and better half will be probably between 4:30 and 5 pacers. Will be herself's first marathon (her goal to do it before she hits the 40... Don't say I said that) She's being hampered a lil by injury so will guide her around nice and steady. We'll be in the red Special Olympic tops, a great cause (plug plug). We're both coaches for SO athletes so delighted to help them out.

Looking forward to it now, See you all there!

• Advertisement

Doing the marathon hoping for around the 4.30 mark, my second and probably final full :) far more injuries now than 2 years ago :) good luck to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

BullBauld wrote: »
    I'll be hovering around the 4hr pacer at the start line wearing a Roscommon Harriers AC top if anyone wants to say hello!

When you see the state of us you may change your mind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

See ye there! I'm doing the Half

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Doing my first ever half marathon, looking forward to this. What are these expos like never been to one before?

Driving down on Sunday morning for the half from Kildare, have to go to relatives in Greenfields.
    Have had a look at the road diversion map but can't really make head or tail of it.

http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GLR-Cross-City-Routes-2015.pdf

So - can anyone suggest the best way to Greenfields ? Would it be to go through the city centre town ?

Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd get off at the Castletroy exit, then head towards the Parkway Shopping Centre. Take the first exit off the roundabout and then second at the Tipperary Roundabout (you can also exit closer to this as well if you exit after Castletroy, in which case it's the first exit at the roundabout). Take the second exit at the next two roundabouts. You might have issues here, as I think the race comes down Hyde Road, not 100% sure. Worst case scenario, you can park at the Tesco just at the second roundabout and it's only a short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

long_b wrote: »
    Driving down on Sunday morning for the half from Kildare, have to go to relatives in Greenfields.
    Have had a look at the road diversion map but can't really make head or tail of it.

http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GLR-Cross-City-Routes-2015.pdf

So - can anyone suggest the best way to Greenfields ? Would it be to go through the city centre town ?

Thanks in advance !

I'd nearly stay on the motorway and get off at Exit 30. Stay in the left lane of the Dual Carriageway and then get off at Exit 2. At the next Junction take the 3rd exit off the Roundabout - signposted for Dooradoyle. Cross over the flyover and at the immediate roundabout take the 2nd Exit right - signposted Rossbrien. This takes you down into Greenfields. See linky ->> http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6597424

It depends on what time you hit this road at as to whether it will be closed or not. I would say there'll be rolling roadblocks in the early stages of the marathon. If you get there before 10-10.15am you should get in before the leaders.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

jamesbere wrote: »
    Doing my first ever half marathon, looking forward to this. What are these expos like never been to one before?

Basically you go in, queue up collect your number & goody bag and there's stalls there selling running gear, gels, bars, shakes, sports drinks, race entries, doing rub downs etc. The one in Limerick was small enough last year with maybe 30 or 40 stalls.

Heard the price for a stall at the expo is E2000, beyond the reach of most small enterprises....

• Advertisement

All the best folks! Have a good one and enjoy. Think of the atmosphere crossing the line up O Connell st when times get tough. Will be a cracking weekend!

Advertisement