Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run 2015 discount code

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

South circular rd is usually where we park. Only a stones throw away from the startline and a lot of free spaces usually on race day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, looks like the weather gods might be nicer to us than expected (according to the Norwegians anyway)!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

It's looking just about perfect! No excuses now...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭somahoney74

Lads im doing the full marathon in the morning we're staying in a hotel tonight. There was no info regarding bag drops, baggage labels At the expo or in the not so goodie bag. Anyone know what the story is? Also why is there wart cream in the goodie bag??

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Lads im doing the full marathon in the morning we're staying in a hotel tonight. There was no info regarding bag drops, baggage labels At the expo or in the not so goodie bag. Anyone know what the story is? Also why is there wart cream in the goodie bag??

Yeah the bit about the bag drop is poor. I'm just putting my stuff in a gear bag and attaching my bib number to it (this was the way it was done the last 2 years with no official gear bag). The hotel should be able to sort you out with a white label or a bit of card etc.
    What wart cream?? All I got was was some sort of endwarts energy drink & it tasted gack;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Is the half starting at 11:45? The website says 11:45 when you click on the info but has a heading saying "full marathon", so just wanted to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Van.Bosch wrote:
    Is the half starting at 11:45? The website says 11:45 when you click on the info but has a heading saying "full marathon", so just wanted to be sure?

Definately 11.45 for the half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Definately 11.45 for the half.

Best of luck JD and to Bulmers and CJ and NE and all the other Boardsies running tomorrow!! Have a great one folks! Hope the weather gods are kind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Good luck everyone tomorrow.Looking forward to giving my home town marathon,another lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck to all running tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Good luck everybody. Give it everything you have and see how it plays out...
    Enjoy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

That says some amount of rain overnight, today may as well be an aquathon. Very disappointed about yesterday, feel cheated after the farce of expo /goodie bag. But credit to the volunteers, they were very friendly in the hall.

Today, regardless of weather, we know we'll tough out the marathon and enjoy the craic with ťhe people of Limerick.

But I really do hope the organisers take a serious look at how they do things. Including 1) why wasn't race info booklet in the race bags 2) is the Brooks bag the infamous kit bag? And why no labels, if it is why weren't the volunteers explaining that 3) seriously? Wart cream and pathetic little bag of sweets 4) running out of sizes... Just include the the t shirt size you requested on registration form and that's the one you get, no swoppsies 5) lack of info on the website, only 6 FAQ's... I can think of a lot more 6) no response on social media last night that I could see to answer the numerous questions posted 7) expo was very poor, where numerous companies priced out of going 8) shame there is no difference with the the shirts if you run 10km or marathon

Any hoo, time to get breakfast and enjoy the day. Limerick I do love you, Limerick people I love you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

What a horrible morning. No sign of the sun that the Norwegians at yr.no have promised. I think I will need armbands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Good luck to everyone today, looks like fine morning atm. Looking forward to the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Beginning to brighten up a bit here mightn't be too bad, best of luck to all running today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, it's fairly bright in Castletroy for the past hour or so. Few clouds, but nothing menacing, on the horizon!

Bulmers: 44:59
    CJ: 44:47

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I seem to have disappeared off the tracker. I was there last week, but not now. Oddly, my wife is there with my name underneath her.

Not too pushed about it anyways, as I'll be using my TomTom for tracking.

HM

Bulmers: 1:33:39
    CJ: 1:37:33

Bulmers speeding up. CJ has dropped some time.

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    HM

Bulmers: 1:33:39
    CJ: 1:37:33

Bulmers speeding up. CJ has dropped some time.

Any idea what are they're goal times?

Any idea what are they're goal times?

Bulmers was going for sub 3:10.

CJ was going for a BQ (sub 3:05). That looks unlikely now, but he's still on for a large pb (current 3:33)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Bulmers was going for sub 3:10.

CJ was going for a BQ (sub 3:05). That looks unlikely now, but he's still on for a large pb (current 3:33)

Currently predicting 3:17 for CJ.

Bulmers should be ok? Weather has taken a turn for the worse here (I'm 20 miles out of the city) not ideal conditions for running, there's a rotten wind out there too.

Bulmers through 30k in 2:13:17.
    Tracker still predicting 3:07 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

CJ now looking at 3:24 30k in 2:22.

Conditions sound bad down there.

2:22:35 for CJ through 30k.
    Slowing badly. Must be something amiss.
    Should still pb though.

Bulmers 3:01:27 with a mile to go.
    Can enjoy the crowds on the run in.
    Super performance.

3:08:36 for Bulmers.
    Tremendous run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Super race by Bulmers... 3:08:36 unofficial ..

Advertisement