Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run 2015 discount code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Hoping CJs one mile to go still leaves him with a PB chance. Due any minute now.

Edit: Looking at a 3:30:xx finish. Hope he has something in the tank to get in under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

3:21:20 with a mile to go for CJ.
    Needs a big effort to break 3:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Smashed the last mile !!!!!

3:29:21

Take a bow son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Smashed the last mile !!!!!

3:29:21

Take a bow son.

Yeah picked it up when he was obviously struggling to get in below the 3:30.
    Pb's all round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Is it just me or is the tracker for half only going to show two points; a mile to go & at the finish?

If so, its a bit pointless I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

1:46:46, went too fast in the middle section and struggling towards the end but happy out still with my first half marathon. Need to work on my pacing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

3:59:xx another sufferfest from 16 mile mark. Sub 4 achieved though... Hit halfway on for 3:45 so that tells its own story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Meet Bulmers74 afterwards, he is very happy with his time. 3:08:36. It was very warm and humid in the second half of the race. Plenty of people suffering from 14/15 on. Anyone who made or got near their targets today should take a bow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Enjoyed that run. Herself and myself happy with times. Disappointed though that with her first marathon all the marathon medals were gone when we finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

ger664 wrote: »
    Meet Bulmers74 afterwards, he is very happy with his time. 3:08:36. It was very warm and humid in the second half of the race. Plenty of people suffering from 14/15 on. Anyone who made or got near their targets today should take a bow.

Yeah happy out to hit my target. As Ger said extremely warm from around 11am onwards. Got nicely sunburned. Really a case of 4 seasons in 1 day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Enjoyed that run. Herself and myself happy with times. Disappointed though that with her first marathon all the marathon medals were gone when we finished.

If the organisers don't sort it she can have mine. Send a pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

JohnDozer wrote: »
    3:59:xx another sufferfest from 16 mile mark. Sub 4 achieved though... Hit halfway on for 3:45 so that tells its own story

Well done, you obviously had to dig very deep at the end to get under 4 hours. Agree you probably went out too quickly but a great result all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Any word on Network Error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    If the organisers don't sort it she can have mine. Send a pm

That's an amazing gesture. Hopefully they'll sort it. Thank you for the thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

40.xx for me in the 6 miler......not a spectacular time by any means but I'm pretty happy tbh.

For once I ran a sensibly paced, consistent race and finished strongly. Could probably have dipped under 40 mins but left my kick for home a smidgen too late. It's given me hope anyway that a sub 40 10k is a possibility again this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

NetwerkErrer finished in 1:38:xx I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

1:31 for me on the half. rolled the dice, . trained right through this(fast intervals friday,3 hour bike yesterday), so wasn't fresh, was shooting for sub 1:30, decided to go out faster than i needed to and see if i could hang on, but caught up with me after half way.1:30 pacer went past me after the gaelic grounds, tried to stay with him but not happening. knew the 1:30 was gone, so pulled the little one from the crowd on the way past debenhams so she could run to the line with me so finishing time a little down, probably been just under the 1:31 otherwise. if i'd have gone out more conservatively with the pacer i might have held it too, but it wasn't a target race so worth the shot. nice experience gained

still, big pb for me for HM, so happy enough with that. Always enjoy this run, having gone to school in the city/it laps where i work. same issues everyone else had, the goodybag was a joke. few years ago you could collect on a friday evening too, so they've now got bigger numbers/less collection time . daft. we were in Ul early yesterday as our little one was doing the first kids run, so no issues with parking.felt really sorry for those arriving as we left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Finished in 1:26:xx (unofficial, whatever that means). Didn't have the best start, as I got to the line a few minutes late, so spent the first 6 miles chasing the 1:30 pacer. Caught the group just before the worst part of the course, the hill by the crescent, and stuck with the group to the gaa stadium to get my breath back again. I was still feeling good at that point so I pushed on again and think I ended up crossing the line a minute or two before the pacer, so I'm delighted with beating my target. Next goal is probably under 1:25 in charleville later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Came in 3:50:59... Got a nasty cramp in my hamstring on the hill after Gaelic grounds, had to stop and stretch it out...thought I'd have to stop altogether... Was delighted with the time esp it being my first marathon... Got really hot coming in from regional hospital, my stomach turned and I dunno how I didn't vomit...couldn't take my final gel incase it came up... Lot to be said for stubbornness, was a tough 7-8 miles to finish... Crowd were great cheering us on and was great the rain stayed away apart from that shower out around UL... Congrats to everyone who finished..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Bonked at 12km , was targeting sub 2 but happy to get going again and finish in 2:05.

Didn't help mistaking the big Blue arch 300m from the end as the finish line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

anybody else get a medal that says 2nd of May 2015 on the strap part?
    Mine does.
    I got the feeling this year that they are cutting corners a bit too much.
    goody bag,names on the numbers gone, expo poor as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

carsfan wrote: »
    anybody else get a medal that says 2nd of May 2015 on the strap part?
    Mine does.
    I got the feeling this year that they are cutting corners a bit too much.
    goody bag,names on the numbers gone, expo poor as well.

mine says the 2nd too.

the names was a change alright, but the goody bag has always been terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

JohnDozer wrote: »
    NetwerkErrer finished in 1:38:xx I think

Yep! So much for taking it easy., Struggled from early on and chewed up and spit out the back by the pace group at 4 miles. Managed to get back on at 6 miles but my race was done after that effort. Suffered like never before for the rest of the race with a few brief reductions from mile 8-10 miles where I got it back to 1.32 pace before some of the slowest miles I've ever run for the last 5k. Didn't have a watch but doing the math., took me nearly 27 minutes to do the last 5k. 12 minutes slower than my PB really has me scratching my head.

Some weather out there today. Boiling hot one minute and cold and lashing the next. Not an excuse for me, I'm just not fit enough as simple as that but it must have been tough going for others targeting PB's. Really, this is probably the kick up the ads that I need and deserve right now. I'd never walked or stopped in a half before and I found myself doing that a few times today.

Well done all!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

CR 7 wrote: »
    Finished in 1:26:xx (unofficial, whatever that means). Didn't have the best start, as I got to the line a few minutes late, so spent the first 6 miles chasing the 1:30 pacer. Caught the group just before the worst part of the course, the hill by the crescent, and stuck with the group to the gaa stadium to get my breath back again. I was still feeling good at that point so I pushed on again and think I ended up crossing the line a minute or two before the pacer, so I'm delighted with beating my target. Next goal is probably under 1:25 in charleville later in the year.

Jaysus! Talk about sandbagging:D. Well done today man., cracking run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Was doing the half and came home in 1:56:56 (unofficial time but matches what I had on my watch within a few seconds). 1:57:42 was on the text I got which I think is my gun time.
    Delighted with it really as took a few mins off my previous PB (1:59:39). Only my second ever half marathon but I did enjoy the run and expect to back next year.
    I went out just ahead of the 2 hour pacers with the aim of not letting them pass me and delighted to say I never saw them for the rest of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Fair play to everyone who ran in that monsoon that hit the six milers. The last mile was like running through a river. Everyone was in really good humour despite the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I started off pretty well, but I faded about 14km. All 6:30/km plus, bar the last km. I did 2:10:55 according to my watch. I don't seem to be on the tracker at all, so I'll stick with that. All in all, I found it much easier than the BallyB one I did and shaved nearly 15 minutes off that time, and more importantly, I felt fine afterwards. No muscle spasms or aches as such, which is a major plus. I'll do my best to beat 2:00:00 in Dublin in September.

It didn't help that I dressed for the rain. I was boiling for the most part and didn't see any rain until the last mile!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Only my second ever 6mile, chip time of 49:48, happy to break 50 for the first time.
    That shower really hit just as I was crossing the line, it was mental altogether. Had to wait around for herself, everyone was soaked but in good form.
    well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Didn't make any predictions for this as really wasn't sure how it would go as only 13 days from Boston where I tried hard (for me anyway!). The 3:15 pace group would be my normal plan but seeing as ThePiedPiper was pacing the 3h group thought it would be bad form if I didn't run with them seeing as we had more than one beer in Frankfurt last year.

Figured I'd at least make it to half-way point & then see how things were. Felt ok so decided I'd stick with them 'til the 20m mark or so. Looked like the group fragmented somewhere there and then the other pacer ran into some problem so I ended up on my own for the last few miles. Definitely felt the effect from Boston as was fairly knackered for the final stretch but ended up just nipping under 3h. Happy out with that as you might guess :)

Amazing amount of support from the volunteers along the course, they really made a difference especially as there were one or two nasty showers that they would have been out under. Must admit I don't like the first half of the course much as there's an awful lot of twists & turns and don't get me started about the number of cones/bollards! If you weren't paying a serious amount of attention it would be easy to get clobbered.

Thanks a lot to ThePiedPiper & the other 3h pacer for keeping things moving & to ger664 for collecting the goody bag for me, can never have enough wart cream really ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am now about to get what will possibly be the greatest shower of my life! :D

Advertisement