Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone records for partner visa

Options
  • 30-12-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

What is the best way to display phone records for the De Facto partner visa. We need to prove contact while I was working offshore. Is it literally pull screenshots of the phone or can we request something specific from Telstra?

Cheers,

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Are you still a Telstra customer? If so, you can log into myaccount and download itemised bills as .csv files.
    I would assume you would also need bills for both numbers to prove ownership?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Thanks, I didn't know that existed. I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hibernosaur

What if you use Skype all the time? Surely if you said Skype they would have to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

You can pull records from Skype..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I was able to sign into my Telstra (pre paid) account and get the previous 3 months records if I remember correctly. I didn't have much there to show as I have a work phone and use that 99% of the time. I specified this on my application and I didn't have records for the work phone. My partners records were more extensive as she was on a contract and was able to pull all the records.

We simply just logged in, selected each page to print as a pdf and then combined them into 1 pdf and submitted that. I think we might have even highlighted the relevant records in Adobe Reader for text messages and calls made to make it easier for immigration to pick through the records.

• Advertisement

That's very helpful thanks Pete. We have a mix of Telstra, Whatsapp, Viber and Facetime from my time on ships. There was a few weeks I only had a satellite phone so we will need to explain this I guess as there is no evidence.

pete4130 wrote: »
    I was able to sign into my Telstra (pre paid) account and get the previous 3 months records if I remember correctly. I didn't have much there to show as I have a work phone and use that 99% of the time. I specified this on my application and I didn't have records for the work phone. My partners records were more extensive as she was on a contract and was able to pull all the records.

We simply just logged in, selected each page to print as a pdf and then combined them into 1 pdf and submitted that. I think we might have even highlighted the relevant records in Adobe Reader for text messages and calls made to make it easier for immigration to pick through the records.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I had very little evidence of calling/messaging my partner while I was at work. If you have all the other information and records it should be fine. If you have a roster timetable for when you where away and include that to cover the period with the satellite phone it should be covered. They can always check with your job as well if they have any questions. The nature of your job means comms can be difficult and immigration are surprisingly good when dealing with visa requests.

Screenshots of any emails between you guys during that time will show maintained contact as well as any banking records between you guys if you have them. I just included everything I had.

I submitted my initial 820 application Feb 1 2013 I think. Got all my supporting documents in November/December 2013 (I was lazy and did it when they finally requested them) and sat on my bridging visa until I was approved sometime in February 2014 for the 820. I recently got an email saying Feb 2015 will be the time they may request more supporting documentation before granting the 801 visa. So all up its about 2 years to go through the system to get the 801 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

jamesdiver wrote: »
    That's very helpful thanks Pete. We have a mix of Telstra, Whatsapp, Viber and Facetime from my time on ships. There was a few weeks I only had a satellite phone so we will need to explain this I guess as there is no evidence.

while i think it's critical to have all the data (or as much as is possible given any circumstances) if you're asked for it, you should also consider that you don't need to send in every last detail initially. As i recall from doing my own, IMMI forms did mention that even they don't want a huge amount of paperwork with personal information. For the proof of contact, i submitted a 3 month sample / example of our daily communication - logs of sms, IM, calls, and emails - be that in the form of csv logs from the phone, itemised phone bills, simple screenshots of an email date range search, or even envelopes / copies of postcards. If you have proof (employment or other records) that you were in a communications black spot, just supply that too with a short sentence explaining it. If and when IMMI want more information, they will be in touch to let you know. They were heaps friendly and helpful with anything extra they asked of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

send email records

All good advice, thanks guys. I wonder do Imesseges (the free ones) show up on the .csv itemised call history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

jamesdiver wrote: »
    All good advice, thanks guys. I wonder do Imesseges (the free ones) show up on the .csv itemised call history.

my understanding is that imesssage ≠ sms. It uses your data plan, and is more like instant messaging. So you'll need to pull phone logs, or imessage logs, if you even can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

my understanding is that imesssage ≠ sms. It uses your data plan, and is more like instant messaging. So you'll need to pull phone logs, or imessage logs, if you even can.

Correct. Same as sending Viber or WhatsApp messages, that's why they are (essentially) free.

Update, got the records (last 5 months) by registering with Telstra and downloading as CSVs. Nice and easy so thanks for the advise. As discussed above the I-Messages do not show up as they are free and use the wifi (on the ship in my instance). Is it possible to get these data from apple directly somehow? Otherwise I will have to take screenshots of all the messages.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You can back you your data on your PC with itunes. This will create a folder with all the data in it. You can get online converters that de-cyrpt this data back into a readable format, including imessages. Bare in mind, its will be pages and pages of all texts from the phone to all numbers.

You might not wish to give a stranger full logs of all texts between you. You are not obliged to and choosing not to doesn't really harm your case tbh. It's not as if its concrete evidence either, the numbers could easily be edited. I would bother with that unless they requested it. The call logs should be obviously that you are in a relationship.

Advertisement