Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best keyboard to get

Options
  • 30-12-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

So the oul dear gave me a hundred euro voucher for Christmas which is burning a hole in my wallet.

I had plans to put it towards an i7 4790 over the next few weeks but it looks as if i wont need to.

So over to the shopping centre with me to look for a good gaming keyboard. I'm currently using a Razer C.Y.B.O.R.G keyboard which has done its job but is not mechanical and the ghosting is virtually non existent.

So what I'm looking for in a keyboard is:

- Anti ghosting (nothing as infuriating as keys not registering in Rust or Arma)
    - Mechanical
    - Back lit if possible
    - Budget of around 100, can stretch it a little if needs
    - Media controls would be nice
    - Wired is a must, i dont want the hassle of a wireless nor the input lag! (i know they are minimal but a delay none the less)

A bonus would be LED display, macro keys and Gaming button.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'm using a CM Storm Quickfire TK keyboard at the moment, quality keyboard. I bought the Quickfire TK because I wanted a smaller keyboard but I would say judging from the build quality the other keyboards will be excellent as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So the oul dear gave me a hundred euro voucher for Christmas which is burning a hole in my wallet.

I had plans to put it towards an i7 4790 over the next few weeks but it looks as if i wont need to.

So over to the shopping centre with me to look for a good gaming keyboard. I'm currently using a Razer C.Y.B.O.R.G keyboard which has done its job but is not mechanical and the ghosting is virtually non existent.

So what I'm looking for in a keyboard is:

- Anti ghosting (nothing as infuriating as keys not registering in Rust or Arma)
    - Mechanical
    - Back lit if possible
    - Budget of around 100, can stretch it a little if needs
    - Media controls would be nice
    - Wired is a must, i dont want the hassle of a wireless nor the input lag! (i know they are minimal but a delay none the less)

A bonus would be LED display, macro keys and Gaming button.

Any suggestions??

You did say best

Advertisement