Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving school recommendations ATHLONE 2014

Options
  • 30-12-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I know this has been asked several times but hoping to get some up to date advice.
    I'm looking for a driving instructor in Athlone who is pretty patient but doesn't talk for half the lesson. I have had pretty bad experiences in Galway and I'm hoping to have a more positive driving experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Chris Flynn of the Auburn School of Motoring is fairly good. I started out with him and he's fairly easy going when it comes to learners. If you want to improve however, there's the Fergals School of Motoring. Be warned though, fergal would go through ya for a short cut, but he's method seem to word, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

BSM Bensons School Of Motoring. They operate out of right beside the test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Thanks a million for recommendations. I've heard fergal's recommended before but I'm really a nervous wreck and the thought of someone being too temperamental isn't tempting.

BSM Bensons School Of Motoring. They operate out of right beside the test centre.
    Is there anyone in particular in Benson?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

chakademus wrote: »
    Thanks a million for recommendations. I've heard fergal's recommended before but I'm really a nervous wreck and the thought of someone being too temperamental isn't tempting.

Chris Flynn would be your best bet then.

• Advertisement

Thanks Itzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

chakademus wrote: »
    Is there anyone in particular in Benson?

Couldn't tell you as it's been over 6 years since I used them, but they've been around forever and are very reliable. IIRC I didn't have just the one instructor but there was no real difference in quality. Either way I passed first go.
    So confident are BSM in the quality of their driving tuition that in the event of a student failing their test they will offer FREE LESSONS UNTIL THE STUDENT PASSES.

The instructors there are pretty good at judging confidence levels and capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Another vote for Fergie Mc. I had 2 left feet getting into the car 1st and nervous as hell. He put me at ease straight away and I passed the test after only a handful of lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Michael from ABC school of motoring it top class. All my family used him.

Advertisement