Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bbq ribs (not too spicy)

Options
  • 30-12-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi, myself and the wife are going to galway shortly and she loves good bbq ribs but a lot of the time they are spicy in restaurants, suits me down to the ground but the other half is not into spicy foods. I have seen creoles & cactus jacks menus and they look great but just wondering would they be on the spicy side or does anyone know the best restaurant in galway city for bbq ribs

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

th hen wrote: »
    Hi, myself and the wife are going to galway shortly and she loves good bbq ribs but a lot of the time they are spicy in restaurants, suits me down to the ground but the other half is not into spicy foods. I have seen creoles & cactus jacks menus and they look great but just wondering would they be on the spicy side or does anyone know the best restaurant in galway city for bbq ribs

cheers

I've eaten the ribs in Creole before. It was a good while ago, they were tasty and not spicy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Jing Tu BBQ Ribs in the asian tea house, they are the bizness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Scotty's!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

cheers guys, she decided she wanted cactus jacks from looking at the menu. Have to say i wouldnt rush back, great service but food was very generic and processed, i very much doubt anything is made fresh apart from salads. disappointing for us. maybe should have taken some of the advice here lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

BiteClub ...seriously the best wings and ribs in the world !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

BiteClub ...seriously the best wings and ribs in the world !!!

Where is this place? i've been meaning to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Electric Niteclub during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

th hen wrote: »
    cheers guys, she decided she wanted cactus jacks from looking at the menu. Have to say i wouldnt rush back, great service but food was very generic and processed, i very much doubt anything is made fresh apart from salads. disappointing for us. maybe should have taken some of the advice here lol.

Yup always been my impression of the place, somewhere for people who dont put much thought into what theyre eating. Not having a go by the way.

You seriously need to go. I can't speak highly enough about the food in there. I'm not a big fan of the place in the Winter as it's kinda semi open to cold weather but the food is unreal. I wish I had found the place earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Slightly off topic as it's not Galway, but just saw this. Take her to Dublin next time! ;-)

http://lovindublin.com/best-of/the-10-best-places-to-eat-ribs-in-dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Heading into town later today and will try one page from above for ribs, not sure which one yet. Will post tomorrow my 'review'.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Had some in KRCMA in salthill during the summer and they were amazing but not sure if its on all year round.

Ya KRCMA is a great spot too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary90

Aw, and I really like Cactus Jacks! I think it's decent food for your money (it's all about the early bird!). Having said that I've never had the ribs there before so I don't know what they are like!

Advertisement