Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

icing a cake peppa pig stye

• 30-12-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

hope to do a cake for her 2nd b'day.
    so here is the list of questions and plan.

hope to make a round 10 inch cake , will take any advice on best recipe, and cover it in icing with a peppa pig image/theme

am a reasonable cook and make lots of breads/pastries etc, but havnt tried sugar craft

1 is this a step too far?:):):):)
    2can you buy coloured paste or just use dye
    3any special kitchen tools needed
    4 best shop to buy, home store and more is cose by
    5 any additional info /web sites greatly apperciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

rje66 wrote: »
    hope to do a cake for her 2nd b'day.
    so here is the list of questions and plan.

hope to make a round 10 inch cake , will take any advice on best recipe, and cover it in icing with a peppa pig image/theme

am a reasonable cook and make lots of breads/pastries etc, but havnt tried sugar craft

1 is this a step too far?:):):):)
    2can you buy coloured paste or just use dye
    3any special kitchen tools needed
    4 best shop to buy, home store and more is cose by
    5 any additional info /web sites greatly apperciated

Im a competent baker but sugarcraft is not my best thing, so I do use the experts as much as possible.

1. No, but, It depends on how ambitious you are. A madeira cake is best. Easy to bake, tastes good and not too delicate for icing.

2. Yes. I don't know where you live, or how much time you have but decobake have everything. http://www.decobake.com/. Homestore and more have lots, I cant remember if they have coloured paste.

3. It depends on what you want to do. If you have time, how about buying a sugar paper picture of peppa pig. This is a good supplier - https://www.facebook.com/irelandtopcake

Let us know what you want to do and you'll get specific advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Thanks a million, that's exactly the info I'm after. The link to decobake Will solve all my problems.😋😋😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Got there in the end. Took a lot longer than I would have expected.
    Wife thinks I'm in line for a career change!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It looks brilliant! I bet the birthday girl loved it :)

Advertisement