Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blast city Vga

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I had to use powerstrip and quick res on my NNC when I was using mame, not sure if you have tried that http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Custom_display_modes_%28Windows%29_-_Powerstrip.

running out the door so not read all posts. sorry.

Hay Felix!
    Sorry I haven't chimed in. Been super busy with work everyday. Yes everyday :p over Christmas!
    I was using a pic via a jpac at one stage buy was just using the jamma loom to get the video via 15k.i could never (and still can't get my head around all the resolution/refresh stuff)
    Have you tried an xbox via vga?
    Arcade otaku will have the answers you need.
    Brownfinger aka urban 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I've given up trying to mame it,I've put the pc into my bartop build, I think I'm just gonna buy a multi board

Well I got my hands on a Seibu Soccer PCB and have it working with 2 problems(does anything go smoothly with candies haha)
    First one is the sound is so low I cam barely hear it even with it turned right up
    Second there is a picture issue I've posted s picture,is like the picture is blurred.
    I've posted a pic the best I can, the bottom of the screen seems spot on the issue is with the top half of the screen and mostly to the top right!!
    Again any help appreciated

I never had any major problems with that monitor,
    in fact none at all after the initial delivery problems were sorted.
    With reguards to the sound.Is there a volume pot on the PCB itself?
    I cant really see whats going on with the second pic :(
    did you adjust any pots or anything when you were using the JPac?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Any sound option in a test menu? i know my MK2 board has sound volume in the test menu.

If its the board causing the graphics issues and not the monitor..

id clean the jamma connection on the pcb to start with, then id remove all socketed chips and clean the legs with some steel wool and the sockets with a toothbrush. also if you have an eprom reader\writer you could dump the socketed chips and compare them to the ones in mame using romident

Check and see online if it needs -5 for sound too.. had that issue with MK2 sound aswell.

I never had any major problems with that monitor,
    in fact none at all after the initial delivery problems were sorted.
    With reguards to the sound.Is there a volume pot on the PCB itself?
    I cant really see whats going on with the second pic :(
    did you adjust any pots or anything when you were using the JPac?
    I won't say I didn't touch any pots on the back(school boy error I know) I only went for the 3 that are facing you when the back panel is removed, there doesn't seem to be a test menu, when I press the test button nothing happens!
    Is there something I'm missing to bring the menu up?

3?
    AFIR there was only 2 facing the back?
    on the flyback your screen and focus?

the 3 red buttons beside the volume.One of them is test.the test mode is for the PCB itself

3? AFIR there was only 2 facing the back? on the flyback your screen and focus?

the 3 red buttons beside the volume.One of them is test.the test mode is for the PCB itself

ye there is 2 on like a black box on the back of the monitor and 3 small ones just below them on the left

ye i pressed that when the pcb is on but nothing happens it didn't go into test

• Advertisement

I honestly dont remember the 3 small pots.
    what do they do?

I honestly dont remember the 3 small pots. what do they do?

they seem to adjust the size of the screen

Well lads finally got my pc,jpac and arcade vga working hand in hand haha
    plugged the vga cable into the jpac instead of the monitor and was still getting a scrambled picture, the sync ok light was off but when I plugged out the dvi from the arcadevga BOOM sync ok lit up and picture came through(for some reason when the vga and dvi where left plugged in it wouldn't sync)
    But seems to be working perfect now, just need to adjust the contrast and brightness a little.
    only a few hairs left on my head after that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

What had you connected via dvi?

the pc monitor i was using to set everything up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

FixitFelix wrote: »
    the pc monitor i was using to set everything up

Hoorah sucess and progress. Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

• Advertisement

YES!
    well done!

Advertisement