Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster <SNIP>?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Hi my friend bought an electric picnic ticket lasttnight and on top off the €200 an extra €500 was taken. She rang ticketmaster and they said there was a hacker between 9:30 and 10pm last night and theres nothing they can do that the issue is with the bank now? But the bank are saying theres nothing they can do either?? Surely this isnt right i though ticketmaster was completely secure???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

It was a bank of ireland card by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

was it a debit or credit card you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

clairek6 wrote: »
    Surely this isnt right i though ticketmaster was completely secure???

Nothing is completely secure.

If a person is capable of making something, then a person is capable of breaking in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Doesn't matter if it was debit or credit. Just report the unauthorised transaction to your bank.

It will be sorted. I'm a bit suspicious though, if Ticketmaster was hacked, it should be all over the news now.

Debit card. Maybe she means boi was hacked either way it seems odd. She spent two hours on phone to boi and got no where, drove to nearest bank and they just put her on the phone again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some questions first, as I'm not clear yet where the issue lies. Was there a single transaction on her card or a series of separate transactions? What confirmation emails did she receive from Ticketmaster and what does her account history show?

dudara wrote: »
    Some questions first, as I'm not clear yet where the issue lies. Was there a single transaction on her card or a series of separate transactions? What confirmation emails did she receive from Ticketmaster and what does her account history show?
    It was three transactions just called 'transaction' of €158 and then the €200 ticketmaster transaction

Her tickemaster account just shows one ticket

OK, it seems like the three transactions for €158 are currently unidentified, so it's probably unfair to assume that they are due to Ticketmaster. Your friend should contact Bank of Ireland card services (nothing to do with the local branch) and ask for details on those transactions.

Did she buy anything else recently (i.e. over the Christmas period) for that amount? It could be delayed in processing due to the Christmas break.

dudara wrote: »
    OK, it seems like the three transactions for €158 are currently unidentified, so it's probably unfair to assume that they are due to Ticketmaster. Your friend should contact Bank of Ireland card services (nothing to do with the local branch) and ask for details on those transactions.

Did she buy anything else recently (i.e. over the Christmas period) for that amount? It could be delayed in processing due to the Christmas break.

She rang boi today and they said it was fraudsters hacked the website at the same time she was on it and theres nothing they can do only block these fraudsters so they cant do it again

3 transactions within minutes though of the exact same amount. Its definitely nothing she bought.

• Advertisement

She rang boi today and they said it was fraudsters hacked the website at the same time she was on it and theres nothing they can do only block these fraudsters so they cant do it again

This doesn't seem correct - has something gotten lost in translation here. I'd ring Card Services again tomorrow and ask to speak to the Fraud Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is a lot "he said, she said" here.

The reported advice seems very unlikely to me, from a bank point of view, and I suspect we're not getting a complete picture of what is actually being said.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    There is a lot "he said, she said" here.

The reported advice seems very unlikely to me, from a bank point of view, and I suspect we're not getting a complete picture of what is actually being said.

Because i'd really lie about this. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Go to the bank, ask for a fraudulent transaction report. fill in the dates and times and amounts. It goes to their investigation section. Some time soon you should get the money back.

Ring them for an update every few days. It wont happen quickly but you should get the money back.

Happened me twice over last few years, card was hacked, IIRC once it took 3 weeks, another time it took 8 weeks to get money back.

Because i'd really lie about this. Thanks for the help

Reporting thirdhand is not the same as lying. You may just not know the full extent

She just needs to talk to her bank again

Go to the bank, ask for a fraudulent transaction report. fill in the dates and times and amounts. It goes to their investigation section. Some time soon you should get the money back.

Ring them for an update every few days. It wont happen quickly but you should get the money back.

Happened me twice over last few years, card was hacked, IIRC once it took 3 weeks, another time it took 8 weeks to get money back.

Thanks so much just the info I was looking for.

Advertisement