Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingrown Toenail Surgery/Procedure

Options
  • 30-12-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in Galway City or South Galway that people can recommend?

Approx cost also?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Merlin park podiatry unit are excellent. Im not sure if you need a referral from a gp or if you can go there directly. Maybe call them and they'll fill you in. I had it done in July. All good now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Merlin park podiatry unit are excellent. Im not sure if you need a referral from a gp or if you can go there directly. Maybe call them and they'll fill you in. I had it done in July. All good now :)

You need a referral from GP or Chiropodist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

There are two options - i would Ask they cut a strip from the nail and not do an (easier for them) permanent nail bed removal.
    The nail bed removal is a surefire way of fixing it but leaves you with a narrower looking nail... Cutting the broken part of the nail away may work or may not- but if it does you nail is normal again- if not you can look at other options then.

The VHI clinic do it for free if you are with them.
    A hospital can do it for the hospital charge- a foot doctor will cost 800 to 1000 euros(a quote a relative of mine got last year- after paying 80 euros just to meet him to tell her the bill)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I would strongly recommend Gary Burke.
    http://www.chiropodygalway.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

ozmo wrote: »
    There are two options - i would Insist they cut a strip from the nail and not do an (easier for them) permanent nail bed removal.
    The nail bed removal is a surefire way of fixing it but leaves you with a narrower looking nail... Cutting the broken part of the nail away may work or may not- but if it does you nail is normal again- if not you can look at other options then.

The VHI clinic do it for free if you are with them.
    A hospital can do it for the hospital charge- a foot doctor will cost 800 to 1000 euros(a quote a relative of mine got last year- after paying 80 euros just to meet him to tell her the bill)
    1000 Euro :eek: I had the same procedure done with a foot doctor in 1997 £70 back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

sgthighway wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend Gary Burke.
    http://www.chiropodygalway.com
    While he can look at it for you, he isn't allowed perform the procedure due to regulations regarding the use of anesthetic. He can refer you though. I got it done in Salthill, across from Rabbittes shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    While he can look at it for you, he isn't allowed perform the procedure due to regulations regarding the use of anesthetic. He can refer you though. I got it done in Salthill, across from Rabbittes shop there.

Just to clarify I did not require an anesthetic. I went in there in pain and he had the correct tools and care to remove the part of the toenail causing the issue. The relief was immediate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement