Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Tracking Device

Options
  • 30-12-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Okay, sorry if I'm posting this thread in the wrong forum but GPS was the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm doing a research project for my FYP in UL (Final Year Project). One of my research tasks involves students examining a simple line map, one with various bends and directions, and one complex map with loops, bends etc. After the students study these maps, they will all be blindfolded and brought to the starting position facing the first direction in the map. They will then proceed to walk through the "Map" until they are happy that they have reached the end point.

For my research to be effective, I need to track their progress. I need to know if they are following the path exactly or are they straying off course. I have played with the idea of filming the activity, however the reliability would be very low. Is there a simple tracking device which I can attach to the participants and track their precise movements?

My knowledge of GPS systems are that they are mapped out to be worldwide and that they have the roads pre-set. Are there tracking devices which will monitor a small space, for example a PE hall?

And then is there a way in which I can compare the path in which the participants are walking, to the path which I wanted them to follow?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Advertisement