Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mice

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

UB40 - Rat In Me Kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have one of these angle traps and it always works.
    You'd wanna be sure to go a good distance away from your house before you release the mouse though, as they can find their way back.

"Live capture" I'm out. Good ol neckbreakers ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

peppermint oil on cotton wool, mice seem to hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Saralee4 wrote: »
    We caught him in a trap with a bit of chocolate.

Set the trap again and blocked up the gap so hopefully that's it.

I've had no more since my three amigos caught on Christmas Eve.

That snap I heard the other night must have been a plastic bottle expanding in the recycling bin, I'll be keeping the traps set for another few weeks though before I rest easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'd recommend an electronic trap like one of these
    http://www.victorpest.com/store/mouse-control/m2524s

I found it easier, cleaner and more reliable than normal trap.

Sometimes they bleed with the normal trap and never like resetting them and often found that they can manage to get away with the bait sometimes if it's not set sensitive enough.

The electronic one was foolproof and clean and very good at killing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Diane loves mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Its a bit funny:p

Get a Jack Russell or a cat.

I have a jack russell.i came home one day to find, after seeing a mouse, my wife was up on the couch screaming and my jack Russell was up on the couch barking.
    Not all jack Russell s ..................etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have one of these angle traps and it always works.
    You'd wanna be sure to go a good distance away from your house before you release the mouse though, as they can find their way back.
    I heard these traps are not that humane, think it was on a vegan site or animal welfare site, they were saying killing with normal traps was the way to go if you do want rid of them. I think if you go off miles away and dump it out it is all confused and can end up dying of hunger or something, they are meant to be quite disorientated.

If putting down traps have hte trigger facing the wall. They are meant to scurry along walls, and you can have 2-3 traps in a row right against each other. You get packs of traps in €2 shops or dealz, FAR cheaper than the likes of woodies.

Advertisement