Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea on 1.1.15

Options
  • 30-12-2014 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Well lads - it has been a very good period for us and it's plain to see that confidence has been growing

I skated our first half performance against United but the second half was much improved , namely because United tired and we didn't - why was that ? Are we So much fitter than other teams ??if so then the second half of the season can go well for us

Chelsea is a different matter. They should be tired but don't appear to be. We have a shocking record against them.

Would be delighted with a draw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Chelsea unlike Utd will be clinical in front of goal and stingy at the back. Vertonghen/Fazio v Costa, blood shall be spilled. Chelsea are a power house, you've go to enjoy the spectacle. Atmosphere will be incredible. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As much as I hope and pray for something our of this you can get Chelsea for more the 2/1 in the bookies (-1).

Lads, that's buying money for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote:
    namely because United tired and we didn't - why was that ? Are we So much fitter than other teams ??if so then the second half of the season can go well for us

United played the same starting XI as the game 2 days before (the first time they had done that since SFA was in charge)

... We on the other hand brought in 4 fresh players. No surprise then that United started to fade from the 60 min period onwards but I'd like to think our players are a little fitter then most others teams because of Poch ' s well documented training regimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

this could easily be 3 or 4 nil defeat if Lloris is left as exposed as he has been previously and they have Costa in any kind of form. the way we are playing at the moment we are scrapping through games and unfortunately its only a matter of time before someone gets 3 or 4 past us, and I feel chelsea will be the one tomorrow. Id take a point all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Merson reckons we are in for a thumping very soon and this game will likely be it.

When I think of all the chances United has in the first half , it really was awful. If anyone of those went in then we could have been hammered

Interesting game tomorrow for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We are at home so I would be hoping for a draw. Chelsea wont be like Man U, They wont have a go away from home. This could easily be 1-1 or 2-2 imo.

If Chelsea did decide to be more positive they would prob beat us.

Phil Dowd is referee. I hope he doesn't let Mourinho inside his head with his recent utterings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

If Southampton can keep them to a draw then surely we have a have chance! Would love a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I would have taken 4 points from our 3 Christmas fixtures, so anything we get here would be a bit of a bonus. It'd be great to stretch the unbeaten run to 7, but it's not too likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    If Southampton can keep them to a draw then surely we have a have chance! Would love a win.
    True,I read that they only had one shot on target against the Saints,there's hope.

• Advertisement

On the whole I'm usually on the pesimestic side but tomorrow I think we will go against the grain and sneak a win.

I think a league win against Chelsea is all part of Poch ' s legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

On the whole I'm usually on the pesimestic side but tomorrow I think we will go against the grain and sneak a win.

I think a league win against Chelsea is all part of Poch ' s legacy

Hope your right, would love to beat the cnuts.. but I'm not very confient :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

mickman wrote: »
    Merson reckons we are in for a thumping very soon and this game will likely be it.

When I think of all the chances United has in the first half , it really was awful. If anyone of those went in then we could have been hammered

Interesting game tomorrow for sure

If merson thinks that I'm putting money on spurs to win! That guys a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I'm reading rose might be starting, if that's the case then we will be thumped

I'm reading rose might be starting, if that's the case then we will be thumped

If Rose starts ahead of Davies then I retract my earlier prediction that we will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Need a miracle today lads, here's hoping.

If Rose starts ahead of Davies then I retract my earlier prediction that we will win.

Hopefully paper talk, Davies looked good against utd.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Hopefully paper talk, Davies looked good against utd.

Rose starts, i dont understand.

THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Crazy Davies not starting? Midfield would need to have the game of there lives, ie Bentaleb & Mason. I just hope we don't gift them goals, it's tough enough as is. Drinking tins on a Thursday ain't half bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Subs : Vorm, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado

• Advertisement

Rose starts ? What could possibly be a reason for that

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Aw shïte, Rose. Ah well....

Win today and we go fifth , 3 points off 3rd

Do we have the mentality to take that step today ?

Two young lads in midfield haven't a hope, Townsend to fall short. Rose undoubtedly will give away a goal. Got to a least start brightly and take our chances, and bite hard in tackles.

Feeling it'll be a siege, they'll go 2-3 up and cruise through the remainder.

Townsend to have a stormer

Kane with both goals in a 2-0 win

My magic eight ball said we'll win? It's usually on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lads, just dosed off on couch, had a nightmare, dreamt rose and Townsend are starting today

Mason gone.

• Advertisement

WTF is Dembele doing? Putting on lipy.

Advertisement