Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferries from Ireland to France

Options
  • 30-12-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I would like to bring the family to France by ferry (2 adults, 2 kids and car) in summer 2015...just wondering if anyone out there can advise on the best time to book to avail of the best price...or am I too late? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

FRANCEC15 will get you 10% off Irish Ferries for any sailing to France in 2015 must book by Jan 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Are Stena likely to have any kind of sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Booked with Stena yesterday. A quick google turned up a voucher code to get 9% off flexi and premium bookings. Saved me a few bob. Code is A788, just enter it when getting your quote. The discount brings the flexi in under the standard booking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Whats happened to LdLines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jimd2 wrote: »
    Whats happened to LdLines?

Lost the subsidy for the route, so pulled it; boat went to a new operator, went on fire with some deaths there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

L1011 wrote: »
    Lost the subsidy for the route, so pulled it; boat went to a new operator, went on fire with some deaths there a few weeks ago.

Didnt hear that, sad and a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

20% off Irish Ferries untill 13th January using EHNY15. Only valid for sailings between 10th January and 22nd May though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

If you have tesco clubcard points, you can get 4x value in clubcard vouchers and pay both Stena and IF either all or a portion of the fare (IF charge an admin fee of about 20e for this).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boxthefox

just checked prices for a return trip to france in july by camper absolutely shocked to find that irish ferries, stena, and Brittany, all come in at around €950 return
    think I,ll investigate hiring a camper in france, anyone any ideas on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

boxthefox wrote: »
    just checked prices for a return trip to france in july by camper absolutely shocked to find that irish ferries, stena, and Brittany, all come in at around €950 return
    think I,ll investigate hiring a camper in france, anyone any ideas on this

you'll still have to get to France with some or all of your gear - can't see hiring a van being cheaper.

your probably right, just cant justify giving €950 for a couple of ferry crossings. motorhomeholidayswap.com is something else I will investigate. don't know much about them yet, but it may be worth a try

How many passengers is that for?

just for me and the missus

That's pricey alright, just the demand I guess, you could always contact a car transporter service and ask how much to piggy back over if they have space :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

High season is always a total rip off.

Advertisement