Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High risk pedophiles under surveillance in skerries/lusk/balbriggan

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That article is over 4 years old. I would have thought things may have moved on a little, and unless there has been a follow-up on the article you've got to query it's ongoing relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Beasty wrote: »
    That article is over 4 years old. I would have thought things may have moved on a little, and unless there has been a follow-up on the article you've got to query it's ongoing relevance

Sorry, I didn't see the date on it (looking on mobile and came upon it by chance).

I suppose I was querying whether this is accurate and whether this amount of resources indicated a significantly above normal risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You'd really want to ask those questions based on current data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It just surprised me when I stumbled on it (as I said, I didn't note the date on the article).

And given the alarmingly high concentration in such a small area, I don't think 2010 really is an irrelevantly long time ago (in absence of confirmation that this isn't an issue any more).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I doubt that it is a high concentration tbh. And the figures of 12 in the area are probably only those that the Guards are aware of thanks to our 'catch & release' justice system. There are probably many more that have not been caught yet & probably never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

I doubt that it is a high concentration tbh. And the figures of 12 in the area are probably only those that the Guards are aware of thanks to our 'catch & release' justice system. There are probably many more that have not been caught yet & probably never will.

I saw an article about this issue online recently. I live in Lusk . As a result I won't allow my 10 yo to go and play footie with the lads on the green at the other end of our road. It only takes one of these scumbags to do damage. What ever about being with his mates, he's too innocent still and not really streetwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Gilma2010 wrote: »
    I saw an article about this issue online recently. I live in Lusk . As a result I won't allow my 10 yo to go and play footie with the lads on the green at the other end of our road. It only takes one of these scumbags to do damage. What ever about being with his mates, he's too innocent still and not really streetwise.

If you read the newspaper reports of cases before the Courts, those being sentenced are often those in positions of trust in family, church or club situations. The victims are often unable to speak out because their families have been manipulated also.

Advertisement