Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying sociology as a postgrad

Options
  • 30-12-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone here has pursued sociology at postgrad level having got their undergrad degree in another discipline? My background is in media, but I'm hoping to apply for the MSocSc (or the HDip, if needed) in UCD or perhaps do a masters in the UK in sociology. I completed basic modules in sociology as part of my undergrad and would like to pursue it as a major.

Anyway, has anyone here done a masters in sociology? Was it enjoyable/would you recommend it? Are there any specific books you'd recommend for me to read, books that some of you read that may have influenced you to think that sociology definitely is (or definitely isn't) for you?

Mods, I wasn't sure if this would be more suited to the UCD forum but I posted it here because I figure more sociology students might be on this forum than the UCD one? Apologies if I'm wrong!

Comments

Advertisement