Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert random title of hopes and dreams

Options
  • 30-12-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hellllooo friends,gonna be my first log on any site so excuse any mistakes,

Been lifting seriously since August weighing 73kg roughly,current weight is 77kg.I want to be 80kg by March hopefully then cut till May or June whatever I think of,anyway to the interesting part

I'm running ICF 5x5 and it's by far the best program for beginners I've seen if you're like me and get bored easy. Only started it 3 weeks ago in which I never actually benched a bar before,just used dumbells haha.

Current Stats

Squat 85kg 5x5
    Deadlift 90kg 5X5
    Bench 45kg 5x5
    Barbell Row 40kg
    Military Press 35kg

I think that's all the main lifts

Hopefully gonna get 90kg 5x5 squat tomorrow! Will report back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Post number 2!

Squat 90kg :D
    Bench 47.5kg
    Barbell Row 45kg

Felt really pumped going this morning,was a good workout,I need to work on my skullcrusher/tricep extension form,it's terrible at the moment but other than that it's all good.

Lifts going up which is good

Deadlift day on Friday,want to push 95kg out but dont think I will be able to yet

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Well Done :)
    Kells... wrote: »
    Post number 2!

Squat 90kg :D
    Bench 47.5kg
    Barbell Row 45kg

Felt really pumped going this morning,was a good workout,I need to work on my skullcrusher/tricep extension form,it's terrible at the moment but other than that it's all good.

Lifts going up which is good

Deadlift day on Friday,want to push 95kg out but dont think I will be able to yet

Missed this yesterday so updating now.

Upped Deadlift to 95kg 1x5 which is solid.

Going to update weight on Monday.

Rest of lifts haven't moved.

Not too sure on squat yet,may up it by a smaller amount? If anyone has anything to say regarding that would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Was the 90kg at 5x5?

How did it feel?

If you're not confident of 95kg x 5 x 5 then go with 92.5 and nail it right. Better to be going it right than doing it heavy.

Yeah,felt tough enough tbf.

May do 92.5,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Kells... wrote: »
    Yeah,felt tough enough tbf.

May do 92.5,thanks

An alternative, if you think 92.5 would be a stretch just yet, is to go for more reps at 90, e.g. 4 sets of 5 and as many reps as possible on last set.

But you should be fine to step up to 92.5

Advertisement