Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Computer Science

Options
  • 30-12-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I'm considering doing Computer Science next year at UCC and I would like to get in contact with someone who is doing the course to ask them a few questions. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hey Yall wrote: »
    I'm considering doing Computer Science next year at UCC and I would like to get in contact with someone who is doing the course to ask them a few questions. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum

The lecturer who teaches this is Dr Gavin and I'm not sure maybe Russell is his second name. Go to ucc.ie then schools then staff profiles and email him.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

eternal wrote:
    The lecturer who teaches this is Dr Gavin and I'm not sure maybe Russell is his second name. Go to ucc.ie then schools then staff profiles and email him.

thanks for that I might contact him but I would prefer a students views on the course

also to clarify its the BSc in Computer Science I am interested in not the Arts Degree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hey Yall wrote: »
    also to clarify its the BSc in Computer Science I am interested in not the Arts Degree

Why aren't you going to ucc.ie and contacting the dept besides telling me how wrong I am. It's accessible and I just found all the staff in two seconds. I don't know about students though. This is a slow forum.

eternal wrote:
    Why aren't you going to ucc.ie and contacting the dept besides telling me how wrong I am. It's accessible and I just found all the staff in two seconds. I don't know about students though. This is a slow forum.

actually I did contact the department a week back and heard nothing since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

http://www.ucc.ie/en/media/support/pass/uLinkFlyerComputerScience2014A5(95).pdf These are the peer supporters for that course, they're students who help people when they come into first year and answer any questions first years have. Fire off an email to the guys in the top row in the middle and right and they'll be able to help you.

Just fill them in that you're looking at doing the course, maybe your elective modules in secondary school, why you wanna do computer science and stuff like that, and if you have specific questions then fire them on to them. :)

If theres anything specific about overall student life and student services, feel free to pm me :)

Advertisement