Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky skin for the Amiko Alien 2 box "HELP"

Options
  • 30-12-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I am very new to all of this. I have recently upgraded from a sky f5 box to an amiko alien 2 box.
    I did this in the hope I'd be able to have something that would mimic the sky plus box as close as possible.
    I have been doing a fair bit of internet digging and I have seen several "sky skins" that I think could be what I am looking for.
    My problem is where do I find them so I can download and is there a step by step guide for installation.
    Your patience and advice is very much appreciated

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Look under MENU > PLUGINS press GREEN to ADD PLUGIN and look for the skin you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 new_to_this1

Hi Gerry,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I haven't downloaded any skins yet. I understand I would have to download them, put them on the usb pen and connect to the box before I'd be able to add the plug in.
    I am looking to know as to where I can download such skins.
    Once again thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Look under MENU > PLUGINS press RED to ADD PLUGIN and look for the skin you want.

Shouldn't that be green (download) and then it's doubtful the Sky skin they ask for will be in the default repository. May be easier to just flash one of the Boards images which have he skin setup

When I go to MENU>PLUGINS the window displayed has my a calculate plugin activated.
    The red option says Start OSD green says Delete.

If i could find one to flash that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What image are you usung, some work better on certain images?

• Advertisement

Oh I have no Idea.
    I am really new to this. Where would I go to have a look so I can find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Shouldn't that be green (download) and then it's doubtful the Sky skin they ask for will be in the default repository. May be easier to just flash one of the Boards images which have he skin setup
    Correct, green. Wasn't near a box at the time. I don't know if the Sky skin is readily available.

When I go to MENU>PLUGINS the window displayed has my a calculate plugin activated.
    The red option says Start OSD green says Delete.

If i could find one to flash that would be great.

Sounds like you're using Spark not Enigma

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Sounds like you're using Spark not Enigma

yes he is on spark

Op, you need to head on over to the big Enigma thread for help installing an Enigma image, some if these come preconfigured and have the Sky skin
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057246289/155/#post93623216

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feed back guys.
    I'll have a look at tat other forum tonight after work.
    Hope you all have a great new year. 🙌🙌

Thanks for the feed back guys.
    I'll have a look at tat other forum tonight after work.
    Hope you all have a great new year. 🙌🙌

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

hey mate im new here but i have my alien 2 box running on open atv image with a great sky skin and set up with all add ons if you need a copy of it or any help installing an enigma 2 image give me a shout,

Advertisement