Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza delivery

Options
  • 30-12-2014 11:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there. Is it possible to get a good pizza delivered in the Finglas/Santry area? I've tried a few places that were absolutely awful. Pizzas delivered in Ireland never seem to be cooked properly, have really thick bases, which I hate, and are put together shoddily.
    There was a chain in London called Pizza2Go that delivered crispy thin based pizzas and were amazing. Is it possible to get a pizza delivered with a thin base? Like what you'd get in Pizza Express or Milanos, or Ray's pizza or whatever in Temple Bar.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hi there. Is it possible to get a good pizza delivered in the Finglas/Santry area? I've tried a few places that were absolutely awful. Pizzas delivered in Ireland never seem to be cooked properly, have really thick bases, which I hate, and are put together shoddily.
    There was a chain in London called Pizza2Go that delivered crispy thin based pizzas and were amazing. Is it possible to get a pizza delivered with a thin base? Like what you'd get in Pizza Express or Milanos, or Ray's pizza or whatever in Temple Bar.
    Thanks.

When ordering you need to tell them you want a crispy base, otherwise, they default to the thick base(which I love).

Fabios in Coolock is a legit Italian takeaway. They do really good food, and they use heated messenger bags for your food so it arrives piping hot. Ring them up and describe exactly what sort of pizza you want and Im sure they will deliver, pardon the pun.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Dr. Lollington

syklops wrote: »
    When ordering you need to tell them you want a crispy base, otherwise, they default to the thick base(which I love).

]Fabios in Coolock is a legit Italian takeaway. They do really good food, and they use heated messenger bags for your food so it arrives piping hot. Ring them up and describe exactly what sort of pizza you want and Im sure they will deliver, pardon the pun.

I've had it, it's not bad, but I doubt they deliver to Finglas village. I always ask for thin, but they still give you a horrible doughy thick base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've had it, it's not bad, but I doubt they deliver to Finglas village. I always ask for thin, but they still give you a horrible doughy thick base.

Had their food too. Really not a fan.

They don't deliver as far out as finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They have an outlet in Swords now as well.

If you want a thin base, maybe you need to call Dr Oetker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I swear by Firehouse pizza, their signature pizza is gorgeous and they have some great deals. Sides all good too.

http://www.firehousepizza.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Dr. Lollington

Birneybau wrote: »
    I swear by Firehouse pizza, their signature pizza is gorgeous and they have some great deals. Sides all good too.

Yeah they are what started this thread. I chose the thin base option and it was like a loaf of bread under the toppings ffs. It was really awful.
    So I guess I have my answer, you can't get good pizza delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

There's a Dominos in Finglas. They have an Italian style option which has a thinner base and I've always found their pizzas to be better than the other standard take aways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

There's a Dominos in Finglas. They have an Italian style option which has a thinner base and I've always found their pizzas to be better than the other standard take aways.

They also have a 'thin and crispy' (I think) option that's thinner than the Italian base. I prefer the Italian myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Always found Italya on washerwoman's hill in glasnevin good for pizza

Advertisement