Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good inter-railing destinations

• 30-12-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

What are peoples recommendations on inter-rail locations? Me and my friends are thinking of Amsterdam-Prague-Budapest-Ljubljana-Munich.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnBheanRua

Instead of Ljubljana, go to lake bled instead! We were supposed to stay in Ljub for three nights but ended up only staying one night and went to Bled for the other two! There about an hour apart on the train. It's definitely one of the most beautiful places on earth! We stayed in the castle hostel which is run by really a really nice helpful guy who does tours every morning for free, but spaces fill up fast! ;)

Krakow is also a great place! It's the place that surprised us the most! There's loads to do there and the nightlife is great while being v. cheap! There's a night train from Prague to Krakow and from Krakow to loads of other places too so it's easy to fit in :D

Our route was Berlin- Prague - Krakow - Vienna- Budapest - Ljub/Bled - Venice - Milan so if you want any info on any of these places give me a shout :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Amsterdam to Berlin to Munich might work out better? Prague & Krakow are great too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

If you're going for a month, how many stops would you realistically fit in? Where would be a good place to fly into also, thinking of starting somewhere like Germany/Poland/Czech Rep and then working our way south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Has an anyone ever done the 10 day pass? Can you realistically fit anything worthwhile in in that space of time. I don't want full days to get eaten up by travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Julabo

Defo put Krakow on your list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement