Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a job offer letter what now?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just received my letter of employment from my future employer in Canada ..

What is the next step for me to get a visa? The IEC 2015 isnt needed now?
    I'm a mechanic and will be working in Toronto

Will my future employer need to arrange other document and prove the he can't find a Canadian to fill this job of my trade is on the slilled trades list ?

Express entry opens Thursday is this my best option ? How long should this process take

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Any idea if youe future employer is arranging a work visa for you or if they're just supplying work and you've to arrange one yourself?
    If it's the employer they will have to apply for a LMIA visa. They would have to prove they've advertised and can't find a suitable Canadian to do the job.

I you are getting the visa yourself it's the IEC or Express Entry (PR) routes. Not sure if there are any other schemes for Foreign Skilled Workers at the moment.

You must be 35 or under and meet the other requirements for the IEC. If you qualify for this you'd probably be better with this route. With a LMIA you are tied to the employer and if it doesn't work out you would have to find another job with LMIA or come home. The IEC is set for 2 years and you could move jobs/cities freely. You could get this visa in a matter or weeks and be over in time for summer!
    The Express Entry Is a new route to PErmanent residence and works on a points basis. It is expected to take approx 6 months to get PR if accepted from the first pool of applicants. More points are awarded for people applicants with LMIA's.

If the IEC is an option for you I would go with that to get your foot in the door and then work in Express Entry once you come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Summerhill10

I'm going to try get a visa myself, is a LMIA not needed for the IEC young profession visa? I'm wondering in early 2015 before the new IEC date is announced could I apply for a 2014 young professional IEC visa as the quota wasn't met ?

Time is going to be the biggest problem for me, EXpress entry opens today.. But it says it can take up to six months which is very vague,
    Would It still be a quicker option to wait until IEC 2015 is open?? knowing my luck it will open in March lol

When I log onto myCiC on the Canadian website it allows me to apply for a temporary work permit for up to 24 months ??? What's stopping me just applying for this work permit now? Why wait for IEC?

Advertisement