Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland

Options
  • 31-12-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I was never at this, worth going?

Wanted to have a go at ice-skating, their's a handier (ish) to get to rink in Galway for me unless Funderland is worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Unless you're about 11, it's absolute hell.

Go to Galway,there will be less long term psychological damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

Jeez! That bad?

Anything else on in Dub the wk-end if i venture that far?

Ive only been a few times, im not from ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well it's a funfair. In a big shed. With some chips and greasy burgers. It's not most people's idea of a cultural must see, just somewhere to bring the kids in the week they're bored before school starts again. It's definitely not Disney Land but if you have kids they'll enjoy it.

Not sure what else is on, lots of new year stuff, there seem to be plenty of shows still going if the radio ads are anything to for by. Have you ever seen Peter Pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I was there on Saturday, it's a lot better than what i remember it to have been like (probably 15 years since I was last there). The ice skating was open at 10 and the main funfair part opened at 12, there were little or no queues for any rides . Plenty of stuff for kids (only reason i was there ) but it is expensive. We left around 3 by which time the tracksuits and 9 tons of makeup crews were on their way in so it may well go downhill from there.

Advertisement