Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida 2016

Options
  • 31-12-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all were planning a trip to Disneyland florida in march April 2016. Never been there before and would welcome all recommendat ions. Kids 11 9 & 8. Hoping to do it all I 2.5 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

WEXCDK wrote: »
    Hi all were planning a trip to Disneyland florida in march April 2016. Never been there before and would welcome all recommendat ions. Kids 11 9 & 8. Hoping to do it all I 2.5 weeks.

Need Loads of Cash , A ticket to see Universal & Disney as well as Seaworld etc is €610 now do maybe €650 in 2016 , So you are looking at €3.5k to "do it all" , Add €2.5k for flights and €4k for accomodation/food/shopping , Not much change out of €10k ,
    Going for 8 days myself and just doing Universal this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Going for the first time be realistic, you eill not be able to do everything and you will need rest days.

Where are you hoping to stay? Do you want luxury or just somewhere clean and convenient? Will you have a car? What sort of restaurants would suit you? All these questions would influence answers and advice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WEXCDK

piperh wrote: »
    Going for the first time be realistic, you eill not be able to do everything and you will need rest days.

Where are you hoping to stay? Do you want luxury or just somewhere clean and convenient? Will you have a car? What sort of restaurants would suit you? All these questions would influence answers and advice given.

Accommodation clean and cheap, probably hire a car for convenience. Happy to do mix of eat at home and mix of restaurants

Would also like to know must do attractions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Plenty of advice on your other thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057352466 including the key info that it's Disneyworld in Florida. Disneyland is in California, and Paris, and Hong Kong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Macker2001

I would rent a house there. We did years ago. Pool in the back garden. Very cheap house rentals about 300 euro a week . April is a perfect time of year great weather not too hot! Thunderstorms around 3 in the afternoon that last less than an hour. Not sure if that's always the case. My favourites were Universal, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom ( great safari) and Seaworld. We did a park one and relaxed mini golf or shopped the following day (outlets)
    Parks have fireworks display and parades around 9 every evening (loved this) car rentals are cheap in Florida too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If you DIY it 8 - 8.5k or there abouts will get you,

Travel insurance
    Flights
    Car hire full insurance included
    4 bed house rental in Formosa Gardens area (closest rental home area to Disney)
    A five day base ticket ticket to Disney (one park per day)
    14 days unlimited entry to Universal & Islands of Adventure
    A dolphin swim day at Discovery Cove (also includes entry to Seaworld, Aquatica & Busch Gardens)
    $200 a day spending money for grub / snacks etc ( included in the 8 - 8.5k)

Not cheap but it's a great holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

My 2p....flights are generally available 330 days in advance, depending on airline. Book straight away when they are released, especially if for a peak time. In my experience once the first 20-40 seats are gone, prices can shoot up, sometimes up to twice as much, and while they can come down, again in my experience, never to the original level.
    Also don't overpay for flights to MCO from DUB. I have gone direct, via Newark, via ATL. All similar. Never gone via London or Manchester, generally due to cost.

Advertisement