Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shivery kitty!

• 31-12-2014 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hello folks. Another Dude related thread, what's new!
    I've noticed the last couple of months he's been very shivery. When he is falling asleep he shivers like mad, no matter how hot or cold it is. First time it happened I figured he was coming down with something so brought him to the vet and he did get antibiotics in case it was a bladder infection (he had a very mild fever) and it cleared up for a day or two but then came back same as before. I've tried wrapping him up in blankets, sitting him by the fire, giving him a hot water bottle, cuddling him up on my lap, but no matter what, he just keeps shivering! I took his temp while he was having a shiver fit a few times in case he was feverish but it's been completely normal each time.
    I'm baffled! If he's distracted, like playing with his siblings or sucking his blanket he's perfect, it's just in the half hour or so while he's falling asleep. Once he's deeply asleep it stops again. Has anyone come across anything like this before? I'm now thinking maybe it's a sort of effect from his nerve problems...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

I do remember reading about this somewhere and the theory being put forward was it was a form of the myoclonic jerks that we can suffer from at sleep time and it signified a very active brain in the effected animal

wrong or right im sure you will get to the bottom of it if anybody does

Advertisement