Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's open 24/7?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

There's a few threads but they're years old at this stage. What's open 24/7 now a days in/near dublin?

shops or restaurants/takeaways

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a few threads but they're years old at this stage. What's open 24/7 now a days in/near dublin?

shops or restaurants/takeaways

Most McDonalds and Burger Kings, a few Spars/Londis/Centras (mostly right in the city centre), the Subways in the Londis stores, most of the petrol stations actually in the city (there's not many).

Outside the city its basically petrol station hatch service although Texaco Foxhunter has the doors open and hot food 24/7

It has significantly dwindled from a few years ago - there's no pharmacies, Tesco or Dunnes open 24/7 anymore that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 markcunningham

where abouts can i find one of the londis/spar (especially the ones with a subway) that's open 24/7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Starbucks on stephens green is 24hours, also I know a few gyms.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

L1011 wrote: »

It has significantly dwindled from a few years ago - there's no pharmacies, Tesco or Dunnes open 24/7 anymore that I'm aware of.
    Tesco Roselawn in Blanchardstown is still 24/7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't think there ever was a 24 hour pharmacy. You'd think there would be the market for it, but apparently not, unless it's a security issue stops anyone doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

L1011 wrote: »
    Most McDonalds and Burger Kings, a few Spars/Londis/Centras (mostly right in the city centre), the Subways in the Londis stores, most of the petrol stations actually in the city (there's not many).

I think if your truely unlucky there is a certain point where all the 24 hour shops and take-aways seem to close for a short time for cleaning and so on, as far as I remember its around 5-5.30 and only lasts for a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

where abouts can i find one of the londis/spar (especially the ones with a subway) that's open 24/7?

The one on Dame St opposite Tesco has a Subway and it's open 24 hours afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 2dizzylizzie

Tesco in Dundrum is open 24hrs - but it does close on Xmas, St. Stephens' and Easter etc since the cost of wages would completely outweigh the chance of profit

Dame Street, Grafton Street and O'Connell Street all have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Tesco in Dundrum is open 24hrs - but it does close on Xmas, St. Stephens' and Easter etc since the cost of wages would completely outweigh the chance of profit

Are you sure Tesco Dundrum is still 24hrs? I was over that direction after 12 a few weeks ago and it was closed, quick check of their website says 6am/12am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

http://www.dublin1850.com/24hrdublin.html has a fairly comprehensive list of shops/restaurants etc. open late or 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

A lot of the formerly 24-hour Tescos have recently stopped staying open through the night. Which pisses me off because I love going for random night time adventures

A lot of the formerly 24-hour Tescos have recently stopped staying open through the night. Which pisses me off because I love going for random night time adventures

Its virtually all of them - I was surprised that Roselawn actually still is 24h (http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/?bID=3589)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

5500 wrote: »
    Are you sure Tesco Dundrum is still 24hrs? I was over that direction after 12 a few weeks ago and it was closed, quick check of their website says 6am/12am

Aye, changed to reduced hours about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

The one on Dame St opposite Tesco has a Subway and it's open 24 hours afaik.

Noticed it closed some mornings, that is about 4/5am.

Advertisement