Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One or PS4?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I'm gonna upgrade my console soon, and I just can't choose.

I've had the PS1 and PS2 but then I moved onto the Xbox 360 and I have had one since 2006.

I have to admit, I love the 360, and love Xbox live. I really love the controller too. But it is time to move on as the 360 is starting to become a bit dated and I can even see less and less people playing online when I go on.

I'm not as big into gaming as I used to be with work etc. now, but I still like to have a console there to chill out with when I can.

Anyway, which is the better console from an objective viewpoint. The PS4 controller would be different for a while compared to 360 but I would get used to that.

How many have bought the PS4 compared to the Xbone? I'm just trying to figure out if there is more playing online now with PS4 and if they have upped their game online as I remember 360 was always epic for the online gaming with headsets (are there these for PS4 btw?), more people, better servers etc.

Thanks in advance and remember objective opinion if you can, I don't care if personally you prefer one over the other but if you could objectively say which is the better console to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

I had Xbox 360 but all PlayStation's before that. So switched back and have ps4 now. I absolutely love it! Haven't used the Xbox one so can't really be very objective, but they both have good and bad points.

Depends what you play and what your friends have. All my friends got PlayStation 4 so I was hardly gonna get an Xbox and not be able to play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

chops018 wrote: »
    How many have bought the PS4 compared to the Xbone? I'm just trying to figure out if there is more playing online now with PS4 and if they have upped their game online as I remember 360 was always epic for the online gaming with headsets (are there these for PS4 btw?), more people, better servers etc.

Since last year, the new consoles launched, the PS4 is outselling the Xbone 2:1 at least in Ireland and almost 3:1 world wide. They are basically the same with just the controller and a few exclusives games being the differences.

The headsets that come with both consoles are basically crap but there are loads of high quality ones out there for both consoles.

XBL still has the edge over the PSN servers for online play though but most people have jumped ship to Sony since the PS4 launch.

I have both and only use the Xbone for one or two exclusives and PS4 for everything and thats after having the 360 as my main console from 2005 - till the PS4 launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Luke92 wrote: »
    I had Xbox 360 but all PlayStation's before that. So switched back and have ps4 now. I absolutely love it! Haven't used the Xbox one so can't really be very objective, but they both have good and bad points.

Depends what you play and what your friends have. All my friends got PlayStation 4 so I was hardly gonna get an Xbox and not be able to play with them.

I think only one person from my friends got an Xbone. And he regrets now getting PS4. But then again a lot of my friends stopped with the consoles now as we are all getting a lot older. But as I said I still love having a console there and throwing on a game or going online to play if I want.

I'm seriously considering moving back to PS. I've rarely played Xbone but played a lot of my friends PS4 and I have to admit once I got used to the controller it doesn't look like I'd have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Since last year, the new consoles launched, the PS4 is outselling the Xbone 2:1 at least in Ireland and almost 3:1 world wide. They are basically the same with just the controller and a few exclusives games being the differences.

The headsets that come with both consoles are basically crap but there are loads of high quality ones out there for both consoles.

XBL still has the edge over the PSN servers for online play though but most people have jumped ship to Sony since the PS4 launch.

I have both and only use the Xbone for one or two exclusives and PS4 for everything and that after have the 360 as my main console form 2005 - till the PS4 launched.

Thanks for that.

It is looking like a PS4 switch for me with the 360 there for old loves such as COD4 and MW2.

I just fell in love with the 360 and really wanted to be loyal to Xbox but if the PS4 is outselling them in that ratio and the majority of people say PS4 then there is no point in being loyal.

My friend who has the Xbone also says that it is a pain when you get a new game as everything has to be installed before you can play it. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

chops018 wrote: »
    My friend who has the Xbone also says that it is a pain when you get a new game as everything has to be installed before you can play it. Is this true?

It's mostly true, most games are playable (partly) after it is around 20% installed.

Same is true for PS4 though, I think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry OP, but based on previous experience with these types of threads - basically, they always go to **** - we're going to have to close this. It seems harsh, we know, but we've also sadly seen how these threads go :(

The simple answer is really buy the console with the exclusives you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement