Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks for New Year's?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be in Dublin city tonight but can't find anything about whether there's fireworks on. Does anybody know if something has been arranged, and if so where's the best place to go see them?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 2dizzylizzie

I've been looking too, and I can't find anything. There was a great display in Dun Laoghaire last year at the pier, but nothing happening this year which is a big disappointment. I think the main thing this year is the big concert in the city, but that's a rather expensive ticketed event :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No fireworks as part of anything organised in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Yeah, Dublin New Years on Twitter said there were no fireworks this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

newyearsevedublin2015 dot com it states:
    "
    For the fireworks you’ll head out to St Stephen’s Green, a major part of the New Years Eve Dublin Festival."

But I doubt this is reliable

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That's disappointing. I'm not drinking tonight and was just going to being the missus in to see something in town. Is there anything going on worth seeing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

One of the festivities organisers was just on Newstalk

Pyrotechnics display at College Green (can't be called 'fireworks' as they aren't shooting off in all directions).

He also said that Bus, Luas and Dart are running late into the night.... to scotch a suggestion that Dublin Bus were shutting down at 10pm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm thinking of going up to Ticknock to see if we can see anything from the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going up to Ticknock to see if we can see anything from the mountains.
    What, the London fireworks :confused:

:pac::(

(Happy New Year, anyway :))

I went up and there were loads! There may not have been any official but there were dozens of people who did their own. At 12 you could see fireworks going off all across the city, it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Zascar wrote: »
    I went up and there were loads! There may not have been any official but there were dozens of people who did their own. At 12 you could see fireworks going off all across the city, it was great!
    Yeah - forgot about that until the local ones went off near me, so getting an overview of the area from the hills was a good idea!

• Advertisement
Advertisement