Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy paw

• 31-12-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Yesterday, my husband noticed a little black almost blister like lump on our puppies back right paw.

I have just received a call from him there to say that our pup is crying now with the pain. So as soon as I am finished work this afternoon, I will bring him to the vets to get it checked out.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and also, roughly what is the cost of a vet consult? 35 ish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

is it on the puppy's paw or pad? unless you include a photo we cant really judge. Best to bring your puppy to the vet in any case. Welcome to the world of worrying about your pets (nearly as bad as worrying about your children!) Vet fees vary hugely - a basic consultation will cost based on any meds/procedures they do really. Has your puppy had its vaccinations.wormed etc? If not, you should talk to your vet while there about that too - you could save yourself some money getting it done at same time. Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thanks for reply! :)

its on the pad. He has his first injection and wormed etc just waiting a few weeks for the second and im kinda raging as im completely broke this week am praying its around the 35 mark as its my last till pay day nxt week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Thats tough. Pets can be expensive when you least can afford it
    Could there be a thorn or cut on the pad?
    Bathe it in warm salt water several times/day to keep it clean til its checked
    BLUE CROSS run a clinic where the cost is minimal/free if there is one in your area.
    You could phone your vet or vets in the area, to ask if they have a payment plan or let you pay in installments...
    It might be worth your while checking out having your puppy insured to help pay for future vet/medical expenses, which you can bet there will be

Have appointment booked for today. So fingers crossed its all ok. Will keep you all updated!

Thanks for advice!

Turns out its nothing! Just irritated so he got a little jab. He was a trooper! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement