Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the router affect broadband speed performance

Options
  • 31-12-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering I have the old netopia Eircom router.

My sister has a newer black one.

Does the newer black one provide better broadband speed performance, better stability etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

skydish79 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering I have the old netopia Eircom router.

My sister has a newer black one.

Does the newer black one provide better broadband speed performance, better stability etc?
    Hi skydish79
    If you have all recent firmware installed on modem you should receive same service. If you suspect that you router is a problem, connect line through ethernet ( as opposed to wifi) and give our tech support team a call on 1890260260.
    They will be able to advise on best course of action to take.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi skydish79
    If you have all recent firmware installed on modem you should receive same service. If you suspect that you router is a problem, connect line through ethernet ( as opposed to wifi) and give our tech support team a call on 1890260260.
    Tony

How do I tell if all recent firmware is installed?

If it isn't, how do I install the firmware, where's it located, have you a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

skydish79 wrote: »
    Hi skydish79
    Tony

How do I tell if all recent firmware is installed?

If it isn't, how do I install the firmware, where's it located, have you a link
    Best way to know this is to give our tech support team a call on 1890260260, they can troubleshoot modem issue and advise.
    Tony

Advertisement