Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2015

Options
  • 31-12-2014 2:37pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

after much goings on behind the scene, welcome to the 2105 SBR Challenge

What's New:
    Several new changes
    - back to the old way of overall scoring, rather than based on your monthly positions, it's now back to most Km's over the year
    - for our historical based friends we've added the ability to enter your numbers in miles and have them updated automatically to km for the overall rankings
    - you can now set an overall goal for the year, and seperate monthly goals

what's the same
    - still be a monthly ranking as well
    - the scoring
    Bronze targets: Swim 100km/Bike 2000km/Run 800km
    Silver targets: Swim 200km/Bike 4000km/Run 1600km
    Gold targets: Swim 400km/Bike 8000km/Run 3000km

For a Month its approx 1/12th of those
    Bronze targets: Swim 9km/Bike 137km/Run 67km
    Silver targets: Swim 17km/Bike 334km/Run 134km
    Gold targets: Swim 34km/Bike 667km/Run 250km

How it works

1) First enter your name on the overall sheet, then in the january sheet. Doesn't matter where you enter it on the monthly sheets, next available slot, even if not in the same order as the overall.I'll manually add them to the other sheets once we are up and running
    2) In the distance format column in the overall sheet only, enter k(default) or m(miles), depending on how you log your distances. There is no need to do it on the other sheets, it'll carry over automatically. if you chose m, in the detailed columns, enter the distances in m, they'll be converted to km in the totals column. Nothing else is entered in the overall sheet.
    3) You will have to fill in the detailed rows in each month, not the total columns. They should be locked. If you don't want to split them out, you can use a single detailed row for each discipline to log everything, so for instance put all the bike miles in the road column if you want
    4) The goal you enter in the Overall Sheet will automatically carry over to the months, but if you want you are free to overwrite any month with a specific goal for that month if you wish. For example you may be chasing a PB in a 10k/HM, so your focus for the month may change.
    5) For those that enter in Miles, your totals will stay in miles in the detailed breakdown columns, but will be converted to km in the totals columns in each month, and in the totals columns in the overall

The winner
    simple. biggest numbers of the year wins again. the monthly ranking should still keep it interesting across the year though.

So have at it. if anything breaks let myself or MCOS know, and we'll have a look. imagine there will be some teething problems to start, but we'll get through them pretty fast.

The Spreadsheet is here:SBR 2015

Any questions feel free to ask. Best of luck to all, and most of all, have fun:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

meant to add, can a mod sticky this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

mossym wrote: »
    meant to add, can a mod sticky this please?

Shtuck! Big Big thank you to you Sir for helping me last year and stepping up to lead the work this year. Very much appreciated. I've done it myself for the last 5 years and now someone else knows how much work it is behind the scenes :cool:

Everybody listened to in the ideas thread and mossy has cleverly made all the old school statute kids feel welcome with his wizardry :) No excuse now Dory!

Hoochie dreams do come true!

Happy New Year and Happy logging folks :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll be back in 2015 to win back my crown ;)

edit: I love how it automatically turned me pink when I put my name in! (only in Jan though not on overall sheet :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is there a small issue with the bike mileage cells? I entered my figure as XX:XX as per the 2014 chart and it interpreted it as XX:XX:XX minutes and gave me a strange, and incorrect, KM figure in the protected cell. When I changed it to XX.XX it applied the correct KM figure. It may not be an error, may be by design, so just an observation :)

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Is there a small issue with the bike mileage cells? I entered my figure as XX:XX as per the 2014 chart and it interpreted it as XX:XX:XX minutes and gave me a strange, and incorrect, KM figure in the protected cell. When I changed it to XX.XX it applied the correct KM figure. It may not be an error, may be by design, so just an observation :)

didn't realise that xx:xx ever worked for 2014, but that's going to be interpreted as time instead of distance

rather than change it now is it okay to enter as xx.xx?

• Advertisement

Having a look now...

Yep

Default formats

Distance

0.00 km so use . for xx.xx it will default to 2 decimal places

Time

0:00:00 so use : it will default to hrs:mins:secs

Hence you do a 61.22km bike in 2hrs 21min 22sec

You post

61.22 in dist column (or mile eqv for Dory!) and
    2:21:22 in time

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Yep - fine to use decimal separator for distance - thanks for checking. Like the new sheet guys.

I can't edit?

I can't edit?

what cell are you trying to edit

• Advertisement

what cell are you trying to edit

Ah I see...I never go over to those cells!

Ah I see...I never go over to those cells!

We had to lock the totals cells to implement the miles to km conversion feature

Zico straight in at #1!

Where else would he be :cool:

Some 2014 Monthly Stats (probably more but updating tailed off after October..)

Swim GoldsTotal 46
    11 Zico
    8 Kurt
    5 Dory
    4 Macrani, Shotgun, BTH
    3 Mojo, Fazz
    2 JB
    1 Joey, G&R

Bike Golds Total 79
    11 Dawehead
    9 Fazz
    7 Joey, Bambaata, JB
    6 SB8, Zico
    4 Shell, BTH
    3 Dory, Trig, G&R, Oryx
    2 Mossy, pmaldini
    1 BM, Pointer

Run Golds Total 26
    9 Zico
    3 Pointer, Macrani, JB
    2 Dory, Shotgun, KentuckyP
    1 Fazz, Shell

Other Golds Total 6
    Shotgun 6

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dawehead

Finally got my December in. Gold in bike for all 12 months. Swimming & running, less said the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

It appears because I am using your miles to kilometers conversion thingy, the table is assuming I am inputting my swimming in miles and it's converting that to kilometers. I'll need to input the correct number after this little bug gets resolved. Thank you!!! :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    It appears because I am using your miles to kilometers conversion thingy, the table is assuming I am inputting my swimming in miles and it's converting that to kilometers. I'll need to input the correct number after this little bug gets resolved. Thank you!!! :)

Can fix that. but are you going to be entering in Metres for the whole year? or just until you go to the outdoor pool? easiest solution is just have it always be in metres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

She will be measuring in yards as soon as she can :rolleyes:

A first world problem but its hard to read any numbers that are silver against the grey diagonal stripes in the month tables

catweazle wrote: »
    She will be measuring in yards as soon as she can :rolleyes:

A first world problem but its hard to read any numbers that are silver against the grey diagonal stripes in the month tables

sorry CW, but can you explain? diagonal stripes? what diagonal stripes?

sorry CW, but can you explain? diagonal stripes? what diagonal stripes?

The ones that denote a locked cell

The ones that denote a locked cell

ah sorry, can't see those. all the cells the same for me.

let me have a look at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Can fix that. but are you going to be entering in Metres for the whole year? or just until you go to the outdoor pool? easiest solution is just have it always be in metres

I was told logging in yards wasn't an option...so I am very happy to log in meters. :)

I'm going to take the spreadsheet offline tonight to make some changes. so if people have updates they want to make either get them in or hold them till it's back online

Okay,updated the sheet so that swim is always metres. Bike and run are still mile/km selectable. can someone confirm the link to the sheet still works and ye can edit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Okay,updated the sheet so that swim is always metres. Bike and run are still mile/km selectable. can someone confirm the link to the sheet still works and ye can edit it?

I just updated it there. Worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Would anybody object if I just entered my combined road & turbo, pool & OW swim and road and trail kilometres in the one column? I don't differentiate when recording my own training and it was far easier for me to update the SBR table last year, when I only had to enter a total distance for each of the three disciplines.

zico10 wrote: »
    Would anybody object if I just entered my combined road & turbo, pool & OW swim and road and trail kilometres in the one column? I don't differentiate when recording my own training and it was far easier for me to update the SBR table last year, when I only had to enter a total distance for each of the three disciplines.

first post already mentioned this was okay

If you don't want to split them out, you can use a single detailed row for each discipline to log everything, so for instance put all the bike miles in the road column if you want

you still need to use the detailed rows to enter, but just use one for each discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

first post already mentioned this was okay

If you don't want to split them out, you can use a single detailed row for each discipline to log everything, so for instance put all the bike miles in the road column if you want

you still need to use the detailed rows to enter, but just use one for each discipline

Sorry, I see that now. I should have thoroughly read the post before thanking it, you could have been saying anything.:pac:

zico10 wrote: »
    Sorry, I see that now. I should have thoroughly read the post before thanking it, you could have been saying anything.:pac:

I didn't read it either since I also didn't know this. Splitting them out has been a right pain in the ass. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Looking at the overall it looks a little broken? Something happen?

• Advertisement

Looking at the overall it looks a little broken? Something happen?

what are you seeing that is wrong?

Advertisement