Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using your PhD title

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Re the PhD vs medical doctor thing, I've always thought it just very unfortunate that both of these use the same title of 'doctor'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Strider wrote: »
    You and your mum are hilbillies, this is a house of learned doctors.

Yeah. Great contribution. Its highlights the PhD vs medical doctor title. What, acadmeics can't have banter too? Muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

This post has been deleted.

Indeedy.
    I put Dr. on my first flights after i got my phd. My friends wound me up no end saying i would need to respond to a medical emergency, so i asked the guy at the check in. He just laughed and congratulated me on getting the phd.

They won't let you perform medicine on anyone without some sort of proof, so don't worry!

I personally use it sometimes if i think i can get something free out of it - flights and the like:P Never got an upgrade yet though:/ Also, I'm in a startup an the boss loves telling people there are two phd's working here, so we have it in our e-mail signatures.

Advertisement