Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon refund

Options
  • 31-12-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently requested a cancellation of my prime account (it auto-renewed without my knowledge), which I got granted on Monday. I have since contacted Amazon and they told me it would take 3 - 5 business days for the money which was originally charged to my account to be released. They said if I prefer for it to be released sooner that I should contact my bank for the authorization to be released sooner. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi CasualLiKE,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is something Amazon would need to arrange through their own authorisation centre. Our system will automatically remove this within five working days however, we do not have the option of speeding up this process.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Hi CasualLiKE,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is something Amazon would need to arrange through their own authorisation centre. Our system will automatically remove this within five working days however, we do not have the option of speeding up this process.

Thanks
    Tara
    Okay, thanks. 

Does the 5 working days count onward from the day that the refund was requested? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi CasualLIKE,

A refund is different to a pre-authorisation. A refund is processed by the vendor and is applied to your account as a credit through your card. If they have placed an authorisation for an amount but do not fully process this, the debit will drop off your account five working days after our system first authorised the debit on your card.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement