Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse -Access to Information

Options
  • 31-12-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had a fire in an apartment & a Gardai attended the fire, while talking to the Garda he said the tennant stated that he had a candle on top of the TV, the TV was probably the source of the fire. I asked for a report from the Gardai which he sent but the report was bare on detail but stated a pulse record number and they concluded the fire was accidental & no further action required.

I am worried the tennant may sue for damages but I figured if I had a Garda report stating that the tennant had kept a candle on top of the TV it may weaken his case.

If I write to the Superintendent, will I be entitled to the details recorded on the pulse incident system?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Garda is probably doing you a favour by omitting to mention the candle since that could allow the insurance company to refuse a claim for reckless negligence and how could a tenant sue you if he caused the fire by putting a candle on top of a TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Thanks for your reply.
    True he should not sue if he caused the fire. However the pulse report maybe the only record of the statement about the candle.

Do you know is it possible to get a copy of the pulse report?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

swanvill wrote: »
    Do you know is it possible to get a copy of the pulse report?
    A copy of the pulse report will only become available during the course of a civil action, if it is relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I think it is the fire officers report you will be looking for. The Gardaí are unlikely to have investigated once they established it was not arson.

Advertisement