Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Airport

Options
  • 31-12-2014 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

I'll be attending a course in Blackheath Village, South-East London in January and I want to fly in and out in the one day.

Which London airport would be handiest to achieve this? I've just spent ages looking at a map, but my brain is not functioning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

London city

Then about a 10er each way in a cab (Uber is good and I can send you a code for first 10er off) or DLR and train taking 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

afatbollix wrote: »
    London city

Then about a 10er each way in a cab (Uber is good and I can send you a code for first 10er off) or DLR and train taking 30 minutes.

Agree with this

Also a very quick airport to exit and for check in

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tom tit tot

London city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

London city is pretty good value compared to Heathrow at the moment. You can get 90 EUR return Dublin to London city at the moment.

Use google flights you get the best value flights to London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks all. I really appreciate the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

A lot of additional flights have been put on lately for London City and the price is very competitive. It cuts out the journey in from Luton, Stanstead etc. definetely London City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

London City if it's during the week; you won't be able to do the trip on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

London City is a great airport, one of the gems in the London area

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I got stuck for hours in Standstead on Sunday night because they decided that the first weekend of the new year would be a great time to do rail engineering work and force everyone to use replacement buses.

I rarely use the airport due to being based in the SW and it being sh*t in general but I am officially boycotting it from now on.

Will definitely look into London City Airport if the prices of flights from there are getting more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I got stuck for hours in Standstead on Sunday night because they decided that the first weekend of the new year would be a great time to do rail engineering work and force everyone to use replacement buses.

It is a great time to do rail engineering work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks to all for the replies. I travelled yesterday. London City was so handy to get in and out of, with the DLR station right there. So small, and nice too. I'd highly recommend it for a quick turnaround.

I was lucky to get out of there though as loads of flights were cancelled last night due to cross winds in London and elsewhere. I was glad I payed extra to fly BA (due to my fear of propellor planes) as there were a lot of Dublin-bound passengers left there who were flying with Flybe.

Worst flight ever, particularly our descent and landing in Dublin after holding for 20 mins out at sea. I happily joined in with the applause when we touched the runway!

Advertisement