Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardio, Endurance, Strength, Stamina...the WORKS!!

Options
  • 31-12-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

I decided that a fitness log on boards is a decent way to help motivate myself. I'm still in somewhat decent shape and play alot of football but during the off season I noticed that my general fitness has decreased dramatically this year.

I would normally keep going through the winter but a rib injury in October stopped me this year.

I think I'm ok now and ready to get SERIOUS..

Profile:
    • Weight: ~93 kg / 205 lb
    • Height: 6' 3"

Aims:
    • Get Leaner + Reduce Body Fat
    • Increase Strength
    • Increase Cardio Endurance and Stamina
    • 3km in 12 minutes
    • 5km in 25 minutes
    • Run in a 5 / 10km road race
    • Stay Injury Free

I have been a frequent gym goer over the years and followed many professional plans but as I have gotten older and gradually gotten bigger (fatter :rolleyes:) - I have found it tough to get the balance between decent cardio and strength capabilities.

This year I hope to get this balance! ;) Any good advice is welcomed. :)

I will do a few fitness tests and record them here over the next few days to give me something to work upon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

30/12/2014

Distance: 3.64 km
    Time: 18.39 mins

Done my first road run in months to see how good / bad the body was.. It was good to get out again but I didnt enjoy it much as the excess amount of food and drink nearly took its toll..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

03/01/2015

Distance: 3.5 km
    Time: 17.03 mins

Same route again today.. decent improvement. Also turns out it was actually 3.5 km..

Advertisement